Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bloated or something

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never felt "bloated" so I don't really know what it feels like, so maybe now. My tummy just kind of hurts. When I try to hold my stomache in it feels all crampy say... halfway between the navel and the bottem and its just flat out uncomfortable (and slightly owie) to have it all pressed out. Brokenness ended yesterday so its not from that... any tips? Its awfully uncomfortable :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    I've never felt "bloated" so I don't really know what it feels like, so maybe now. My tummy just kind of hurts. When I try to hold my stomache in it feels all crampy say... halfway between the navel and the bottem and its just flat out uncomfortable (and slightly owie) to have it all pressed out. Brokenness ended yesterday so its not from that... any tips? Its awfully uncomfortable :(

Drinking lots of water should help as you're body will flush it through and take away the bloated feeling.
    Some sort of antacid? (sp?)
    Drink lots of water, cut out fizzy drinks for a bit, also, do not eat/drink anything with 'diet', 'low-carb', 'sugar-free' on it, as this will make it worse.

The common causes of bloating are often referred to as the five 'fs' - fat, flatus (wind), faeces, fluid and foetus
    I was alright last night and the only thing I've eaten so far is about 24oz of water and a baggie full of Golden Grahams cereal. (Lunch shall be soon) So nothing fizzy or fatty.

Though I guess I won't get my fast food chinese for lunch :(

I hope its not the second or third F... I don't like going at work :o:p

Thanks all :)
    do you have Rennie in the US?
    No, but after looking it up, I know I could get my hands on something similar, but it doesn't feel indegestiny, or acidy at all, feels lower too... though I guess in the scheme of things, they all eventually head that way so it probably is. Would make sense...

I'll have a go, thanks!