Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Imax Movie Screens

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone ever been to an Imax?

Is it anything special?

I know there is one in London, but never been inside.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did several years ago, it was good, quite expensive though and they don't tend to last long.
    I take it it's the one near Waterloo Station you are talking about?

I have been to that one a couple of times when i was younger, they are good but like the above poster said they don't last all too long, but it's different and a good experience, if you pick a decent one to see i'm sure it will be worth it.
    Even normal films look incredible on the huge screen (though it didn't stop the second matrix movie being shit) - the 3d is incredible, but get a seat in the middle.
    'One day, all films will be made like this'

IMAX movies are amazing. Imagine DVD quality on a 80 feet wide by 60 feet high screen (that's the height of 5 double-decker buses, and about the size of a 5-aside football pitch) with 12 000 watts of digital surround sound, with 3d effects that are unparalleled in cinema. You owe it to yourself to see an IMAX movie. Spiderman 2 was unreal on IMAX.... If all films were made to IMAX screen, it would be bliss.

Incidentally, I work in an IMAX film theatre.