Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why does Blair always go to the US?

Blair goes to Washington at our expense quite often, yet Bush very rarely comes here and when he does we have to pay for it, why?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The servant goes to the master, not the other way around.
  • Options
    Because Bush gets booed out of the country every time he comes here, whereas Blair can go over there and get his arse licked.
  • Options
    Because Bush gets booed out of the country every time he comes here, whereas Blair can go over there and get his arse licked.

The most high profile visit that Bush made to Britain was marked by some protests from the far-left but the vast majority of Brits welcomed him...

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12956,1087545,00.html
  • Options
    The most high profile visit that Bush made to Britain was marked by some protests from the far-left but the vast majority of Brits welcomed him...

Notice the date on that article :D
  • Options

So why hasnt he ever come back?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    So why hasnt he ever come back?

He has. The G8 summit last year...
  • Options
    He has. The G8 summit last year...

OK, well thats a 2 to 10 (at least) ratio then, why?

I had a quick look and Blair has gone there at least three times in the last year.
  • Options
    Bush is an even more unpopular figure than Blair today. I don't know how anyone could claim otherwise.

Remember the toppling of the Bush statue staged in Trafalgar square a la Saddam Hussein? A spokeswoman for the Republicans Abroad organisation was spitting blood on the telly, 'outraged' at the great insult of comparing Bush to Saddam Hussein. :D

Seriously though, I doubt if there are any leaders who go visit other nations as often as Blair. There are such things as telephone and video conference, which most leaders seem to cope with. Whether Bush has trouble having a telephone conversation or he simply requests to see Blair in person and the poodle obliges remains to be seen. But it sure is an embarrasement and yet more proof that Blair is a pitiful puppet of the US President.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Aladdin wrote:
    Whether Bush has trouble having a telephone conversation or he simply requests to see Blair in person and the poodle obliges remains to be seen.
    It's impossible to give a blowjob through the telephone. :p
  • Options
    It's impossible to give a blowjob through the telephone. :p

I was gonna say it's impossible to bend over and take one up the batty over the phone, but that'll do...
  • Options
    Cause Blairs a winner thats why,,, and what happens to winners Ill tell you.

They get shutteled around the world to go to importand places and attend important events, then they go to the winners enclosure and are photographed next to their owners.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    OK, well thats a 2 to 10 (at least) ratio then, why?

I had a quick look and Blair has gone there at least three times in the last year.
    I know. It'd make more sense for him to come here, since Europe has most of the world leaders. But I guess you can't knock the mans honesty. At least he doesn't pretend to give a shit about what other country's think.
  • Options
    He is simply planning for his retirement, raising his profile for after he is no longer the PM so he can make a fortune doing lectures in the USA.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    He is simply planning for his retirement, raising his profile for after he is no longer the PM so he can make a fortune doing lectures in the USA.

There are rumors that he'll join the board at FOX.
  • Options
    http://www.thankyoutony.com/honortony.php3

You have to laugh don't you...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    http://www.thankyoutony.com/honortony.php3

You have to laugh don't you...

Is that for real, it is isnt its not a pisstake, but it should be fuckin yanks
  • Options
    Not all "yanks" are dumbasses.
    The one who made that site, obviously is.
  • Options
    Perhaps Blair goes over there cos Bush wouldnt know where the hell he was going if he left the United States. ;)