Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Worst Movies

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gothika - Tried stealing elements out the best supernatural films and recycling them for this wannabe horror. Halle is crap too.

Zoolander - Ben Stiller at his worst.

Matrix Reloaded - Perhaps I like films that require no thought - I'd rather have that title than try and understand this tangled mess. Didn't bother with the third one.

Unbreakable - For me M. Night Shyamalan's films are either a hit or a miss. I thought The Village was clever and this the opposite. The ending was diabolical.

Gigli - I was curious to see if this was as bad as everyone claimed. It was worse.

The Hulk - If only the storyline were as good as the effects. A let-down to the recent string of superhero remakes.

Summer of Sam - Made an exciting premise really boring.

Cry_Wolf - It could have been good but suffered from bad acting and poor dialogue.

I'm sure I've missed tons out!
    Neil wrote:
    Matrix Reloaded - Perhaps I like films that require no thought - I'd rather have that title than try and understand this tangled mess. Didn't bother with the third one.
    Don't worry. Matrix geeks like to pretend that this actually has some intellectual merit. It doesn't. The words "blatent" and "cash-in" come to mind.

oh mi god. Adaptation is a cool film.

Domino was indeed shit.

I Know What You Did Last Summer..the one with Freddie Prinze Junior. Haha

Spirited Away (sorry)
    Broken flower...
    i forgot about blair witch project - you never actually see anything, so pointless.
    Firefox with CLint Eastwood - but that is why I love it :chin:

Otherwise there are so many....
    Batman and Robin
    Broken Arrow
    Avengers(new one)
    Stealth
    Catwoman
    Matrix Revolutions
    The Hulk
    Zoolander
    Cool as Ice
    Titanic
    Legally Blonde
    and so on...
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Ali

Oh my God what a pile of shite that film is. It held the record in my flat in Quito last year for the film that was turned off the quickest.

Other pieces of shitty celuloid in my opinion include;

Anything with Vin Diesel
    Anything with The Rock
    Matrix Revolutions
    Never Been Kissed
    Brokeback Mountain (call me a homophobe if you like - I thought it was fucking boring as)
    I like loads of these films. Total Recall, Unbreakable, Brick, Ginger Snaps. Even quite enjoyed Zoolander in a brainless kinda way. And The Incredibles was bloody ace.

Films I hate: Most recently Just My Luck. But of all time I'd say probably The Devil's Advocate. Not only was it hideously boring, but after I'd sat through 3 hours of the bloody thing it all went back to the start as if nothing had happened. Argh!
    Ballerina wrote:
    i forgot about blair witch project - you never actually see anything, so pointless.

that's not really what it's about though. it's not supposed to be blatant.

oh and anything with owen wilson is absolute gash, as is titanic. :yuck:
    My Little Eye- a few people locked up in a house taking part in a reality tv show or something. Lots of screaming and killing and stuff.
    Sorry ... but anything with Chuck Norris in .... :p
    cant believe some of the films mentioned here!!

summer of sam
    Total Recall
    Royal Tenenbaums
    ET

are all quality movies!!

as for the worst film ever "Battlefield Earth" absolutely terrible, me and my mate saw it at the cinema and so wanted to leave but refused to.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Anything with Vin Diesel

:yes:

along with the third Austin Powers and Not another Teen Movie.
    \
    sophia wrote:
    Has anyone seen Con Air? :lol: I can't stand Nicolas Cage at the best of times, but this is just utter shit. Funny though, although it's not supposed to be.

i love Con Air. altho i do have a thing for nonsense action movies!!
    koe_182 wrote:
    i love Con Air. altho i do have a thing for nonsense action movies!!
    Me to :heart: Whats wrong with it?
    Meet Joe Black is the worst film I have ever seen. It is the biggest pile of crap ever. I would have left the cinema but was on a date when I went to see it.

Watched Red Eye the other week and that was really rubbish as well.

Torque - my boyfriend made me watch that and I still don't actually know what the point of it was.

I have seen lots of awful films but these are the 3 that stand out at the moment.
    Have just remembered another one - My Life As A Dog. My friend gave it to me and told me it was fantastic. It wasn't.
    All James Bond Movies
    All Superman Movies
    Donnie Darko
    The Evil Dead
    House Of Wax
    Vanilla Sky

I'll probably come back with more.
    \
    Brokeback Mountain (call me a homophobe if you like - I thought it was fucking boring as)
    Completely agree. What a snooze fest.

Sophia, our love may be in danger if you criticise the Lord of the Rings again :p
    waterworld

:(
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    waterworld

:(
    I must have been the only one who liked this one.
    \
    i thought brokeback mountain was well ace, i gave my tv a thumbsup after watching that.

and as for LoTR how can anyone not like it! it was ace from start to finish.

as was apocolypse now...sophie you have weird hate of movies.
    \
    sophia wrote:
    I just find really long war epics a bit tedious tbh. Also, the only version of Apocalypse Now I've seen was the extended version which is something silly like 3 and a half hours long, and I was considering self harm by the end.

The same with LOTR, I just don't get it, nothing seems to happen. But hey, it would be a very dull world if we all liked the same things.

There's a difference between fillms you don't enjoy and just shit films in general.
    \
    sophia wrote:
    I just find really long war epics a bit tedious tbh. Also, the only version of Apocalypse Now I've seen was the extended version which is something silly like 3 and a half hours long, and I was considering self harm by the end.

The same with LOTR, I just don't get it, nothing seems to happen. But hey, it would be a very dull world if we all liked the same things.
    i agree about LOTR, i remember being dragged off to see the last one and it took about an hour to wind down to an end. They're so boring and all i ever understand is that theres going to be a war.
    Rachael wrote:
    Spirited Away (sorry)

So you should be. :crying: There aren't many other pretty films with bright colours and cute characters that I enjoy as much as that film.

I need my films to be blatant, so films like Garden State and Lost In Translation just bore me.