Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

No where to live!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I appear to have found myself in quite a mess..

I decided about 6 months ago to leave my full time job and go to Uni, starting this September, did what I had to do, got me a place and am starting in just over a month.

My Mum said I don’t have to pay board to her whilst at Uni.

Anyway, I’ve now ended up having a massive row with my Mum, and am stopping with my Dad in the short term but it really is only short term.

So, I’m going to have very little money (obviously I will still work but its not going to be the same as a full time wage is it!) and no where to live.

Any recommendations?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Make up with your Mum. I'm sure your family won't see you out on the street. Or have a look round for student houses, they are usually quite cheap. You'll get a loan as a student and can work part time, that will pay for your rent.
    Defo make up with your mum. If that's not at all possible then go to your council and local housing associations.
    either make up with your mum which seems the most sensible thing to do tbh.
    or stay with your dad till sept and sort out some university student accomodation.