Home› Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

skinny dipping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone here ever went skinny dipping with a person of the other sex without being in a relationship with him/her?

Is it just playful fun, a witty kind of way to spent the evening a little different as usual, or is this just asking for trouble?

What if any of the 2 people is in a relationship? Is this 'unfair' towards the partner? Do you think is seeing a friend who you think is attractive naked in that kind of way a problem for the friendship?

How would the girls react if they notice the guy gets an erection? Is it a shame? "Ohmigod, he's just a friend, but....", or is this a mere sign of "he thinks I am attractive".

input please.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally i can't see the appeal with skinny dipping, especially if it was with one bloke i was mates with. Be a bit odd to me.
    The only people I will let see me fully naked, is a partner, my mum or my best friend. But that's becasue of my hang ups.

lol or hang downs rather
    i think this question is slightly bizarre. i mean i've never been skinny dipping but i can only imagine doing it with a boyfriend. surely its more of a sexual thing? well i would only let my boyfriend see me naked anyway. and if i let a male friend see me naked for any reason i would so get dumped.
    Yeah, as strange as it sounds, one evening my best (girl) friend asked me what I was up to this evening, and I replied with "skinny dipping with you? :D "
    to which she asked, if I was serious. I tried to play it off, but she said... "well I am thinking... did you ever see me naked? I don't think so."

I asked her, if she had any problem with me seeing her naked, to which she said she's going to think about it during her supper. She came back and said, that she'd be fine with it.

I know that she's in a very healthy and fullfilling relationship (she told me she cried last time, her boyfriend had to return to the barracks after the weekend [in austria -> one year of mandatory military service]).

I called it off in the end, because... I don't know.
    tbh... I am a boy and was kinda interested in seeing her nekkid :naughty: , but it did not appear to be a good idea after all...
    If its pre meditated then It is kinda wrong if it is the opposite sex, I have gone skinny dipping before with people of the opposite sex, after clubbing being really hot I fancied a dip and was with a group of mates females and males so I led the way and to my suprise there was about 8 others. There was nothing sexual involved it was just a laugh nothing more nothing less!
    If its pre meditated then It is kinda wrong if it is the opposite sex, I have gone skinny dipping before with people of the opposite sex, after clubbing being really hot I fancied a dip and was with a group of mates females and males so I led the way and to my suprise there was about 8 others. There was nothing sexual involved it was just a laugh nothing more nothing less!

you are more or less right. Because there would be no reason not to pack his swimgear if you meet extra to go nocturnal swimming.
    Yeah, it's kinda weird. Like I said I blew it off in the end, because I built it too much up, even tho I thought it's a really funny idea.

The stuff good stories are made off... that you can't tell around of course, due to her b/f :p
    I've done it as part of a mixed group of males and females after a club in the early hours of the morning in Spain. There was nothing sexual, just a group of people having a laugh. I didnt feel weird or shy at all, infact it felt great and kind of liberating to let it all hang. Nobody was commenting on how each other looked or staring it was just a giggle.

It wouldnt even bother me to go onto a nude beach to be honest although it is something i've not yet done. We all get uptight about what we look like naked but once everyone else around is also naked nobody bats an eyelid. Only time I would'nt be happy to go naked is if there was other people around who were not joining in or someone pulled out a camera.

In a group I guess its easy if everyone there is also naked as its all even, might be a bit wierd someone being there clothed and watching you all. Would also be odd if there was just two of you who are not going out without it being sexual.
    TheCure wrote:
    I've done it as part of a mixed group of males and females

In a group I guess its easy if everyone there is also naked as its all even, might be a bit wierd someone being there clothed and watching you all. Would also be odd if there was just two of you who are not going out without it being sexual.

yeah. That's the point. She's a really good friend of mine. I know her since I was 16 (she 13). We had a lot of fights and even stopped talking a couple of times, the longest period have been 6 months, but we always became friends again. In the last time there were a lot of things that I personally would do on the "don't" list, if there is just friendship, especially if she's in a relationship.

I don't know, there was a lot of tension lately, but she is in a superhappy relationship etc and I know for granted she does not want more from me.

It's stupid, yea, you might say she shouldn't be doing such things to a friend (who is in a certain way attracted to her), but I was provoking it pretty tough recently.

Generally seen I agree with you, that two friends who meet up to go skinny dipping sound like trouble in da hood, but that's the way we are. Anyhoo, I called it off nontheless, because it was just one step too much for me.
    I really like the idea but i don't think i'd ever do it '1 on 1' with a someone who wasn't my partner. It'd be all right in a group i guess.

I bet swimming naked is ace.
    I would do it if the bird was fit.
    I would do it if the bird was fit.

She is.

On the first note it sounds awesome, but then.... hmmm.

It's weird. It's like candy and bullwhip. On the one hand she allows you such things and gives you a feeling or no boundaries etc. On the other hand, she talks a lot about her boyfriend, how cool it is with him, that the last <weekend/day/holidays> are/were soooo awesome.

that's like 2 not fitting puzzle pieces and you want to jam them together.
    I don't think it should be happening, but let's see when next time I can't think with my head, but my weiner, how I'll decide then :shocking:
    i think, as a guy, and i'm possibly representing all guys,
    that if the girl was hot, regardless friends or not, wouldn't mind skinny dipping with them.

sad but true, in the minds of a guy, a hot girl can never be just friends
    stegrier wrote:
    i think, as a guy, and i'm possibly representing all guys,
    sad but true, in the minds of a guy, a hot girl can never be just friends

Quoted for fucking truth.
    Of course a hot girl can just be friends.

They are when you're dating a hotter one:D

Having seen your mate strubble, I bloody well would :thumb:
    Kermit wrote:
    Of course a hot girl can just be friends.

They are when you're dating a hotter one:D

Having seen your mate strubble, I bloody well would :thumb:

so true

after all one of my housemates was a rather nice bit of alright (said kermit) and i never once thought of it as that way
    But I would never do it sober 1 on 1 with somebody other than my bf, that isnt right to me. I sure as hell wouldnt want him doing that with another girl!

That's the point. I wouldn't want to do it, if I had a girlfriend, and SURE as hell wouldn't want it happening between my g/f and her best mate (of different sex).

If you make it one step harder, let's talk about cheating. Cheating in a relation is FUCKED UP, but being the one with WHOM she cheats is not a tad better.

It might be ok, if her b/f knew and be cool with it (he knows we have been friends for a long long time, were almost together once, years ago, and all that jazz).

What a friend I am, thinking with my dick instead of my head.
    I went skinny dipping last week with a good female friend, living in a harbour village this kinda thing has happened before in mixed groups etc...

But last wek, we were a tad drunk and just decided to do it. It wasnt strange not pervy but incredibly liberating I wouldnt suggest doing it if either person is in a relationship but otherwise i think it can help strengthen an already strong friendship..
    Perhaps, and this may come as a shock to you, her boyfriend is very secure in their relationship and simply doesn't see you as a threat? If you were going to get together you would have done so by now, after all.

If you want to do it, and she wants to do it, then why not. But if you are wanting to do it with the intention of cuddling up close and vigorously drying each other off in a field afterwards, then you're gonna be disappointed mate.
    Kermit wrote:
    Perhaps, and this may come as a shock to you, her boyfriend is very secure in their relationship and simply doesn't see you as a threat? If you were going to get together you would have done so by now, after all.

If you want to do it, and she wants to do it, then why not. But if you are wanting to do it with the intention of cuddling up close and vigorously drying each other off in a field afterwards, then you're gonna be disappointed mate.

yes yes yes... I know all that and I haven't expected anything like that. In the first minutes I was suggesting it (going skinny dipping) it sounded like a lot of fun... as time passed I built it up more and more until I came into a moral conflict that it's just not right.

As I write this we (she and me) don't talk a whole lot, since she's totally in her boyfriend spending every minute with him and I knew that beforehand. It's definitely a fun idea if both are single and without expectations. Otherwise not.
    skinny dipping is a very sexual thing and i know that if my bf went skinny dipping with another girl i would feel really upset and actually quite letdown it may sound harsh but i dont know if id be able to forgive him, just my personal frame of mind ;)