Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fertility stuff

Ok, so to start with I don't understand this whole fertile, ovulating thing. I thought u were fertile when ovulating but apparantly not. If this is the case then why do we use ovulation tests when we want to try for a baby? Anyway, my main question is, you know the discharge, do you get that when fertile? Or any time in particular? Or is it just a random thing?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know tbh but this place could be helpful...http://www.bounty.com/conception.aspx
    youre most fertile just before you ovulate. You can tell when youre about to ovulate because your discharge will change to being more the consitency of egg white.
    youre most fertile just before you ovulate. You can tell when youre about to ovulate because your discharge will change to being more the consitency of egg white.
    :crazyeyes cooked or raw? :lol:
    cool, think i understand now! :) so many different websites saying different stuff, gets confusing. it says on there tho you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting pregnant each month. Does this make a difference if you have sex more times? Say if I was to force my partner to do it 5 times whilst in my fertile stage, it would be almost certain? (if only)
    lipsy wrote:
    :crazyeyes cooked or raw? :lol:
    raw.
    Janjan wrote:
    cool, think i understand now! :) so many different websites saying different stuff, gets confusing. it says on there tho you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting pregnant each month. Does this make a difference if you have sex more times? Say if I was to force my partner to do it 5 times whilst in my fertile stage, it would be almost certain? (if only)
    no. It wouldnt make it certain. Even if you have sex every single day of your cycle it doesnt mean youll definitely get pregnant, as there are all sorts of factors that are the difference between concieving and not concieving.
    The most important thing is to try not to stress about it and just have sex regularly.
    You could try the sperm meets egg plan http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    I havent followed it, but ive heard it gives good results.