Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bullying at work

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    If one does mornings and the one does nights, then they might've exchanged a few words between changing over shifts.
    but thats not proof is it? they have no proof of her being racist so her boss can't accuse her.
  • Options
    Fair point. It seems to me like she's taking sides, and by taking the other woman's side, she can't get accused of being racist.
  • Options
    Does your work have cctv?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Fair point. It seems to me like she's taking sides, and by taking the other woman's side, she can't get accused of being racist.
    :yes: exactly - and everyone has backed her up and seeing as she was the one who complained in the first place, and this woman is coming out all guns blazing because she's black - surely her boss can see through it.
    Her boss shouldn't feel afraid to fire a black person incase they take it the wrong way. But at the end of the day - she shouldn't have allowances because she's black. She's being a bully - and it can't be allowed to happen. No matter what race the bully/victim is.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    surely her boss can see through it.

you'd think that wouldnt you, but it seems she cant see through it!
    she also said in our staff meetin if she hears of anyone talking about anyone else or ordering other around they will be disaplined.....well why hasnt she disciplined the black lady?! i went to her a week ago now and nothing, NOTHING has been done.

i heard from that new job yesterday so im off for my interview today, i hope i get it!
  • Options
    Good luck and hope you get your new job.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    you'd think that wouldnt you, but it seems she cant see through it!
    she also said in our staff meetin if she hears of anyone talking about anyone else or ordering other around they will be disaplined.....well why hasnt she disciplined the black lady?! i went to her a week ago now and nothing, NOTHING has been done.

i heard from that new job yesterday so im off for my interview today, i hope i get it!

The only thing I can think of with regard to it is that if she does discipline the woman that she will be accused of being racist. In this day and age it is a very delicate subject and things like that have happened in the past.

Good luck at your interview.
  • Options
    The only thing I can think of with regard to it is that if she does discipline the woman that she will be accused of being racist. In this day and age it is a very delicate subject and things like that have happened in the past.

i think thats exactly why nothing has been done. but thats not right! im the one who went with a problem and now i'm the one being made to feel like i'm in the wrong!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i think thats exactly why nothing has been done. but thats not right! im the one who went with a problem and now i'm the one being made to feel like i'm in the wrong!

God no. It's completely wrong and unfair on you. However, I see why your boss is scared of it happening. But at the same time, she needs to have the backbone to do her job properly. If she can't do it then she should be manager.

Is there anyone higher you can take it to?

And how was your interview today?
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    And yet after your party piece you still haven't given me a good explanation in why my idea of recording her wouldn't isn't a good idea. :chin:

If you wouldn't follow advice on reporting her, that down to you. Its something I personally would do, or something simular.

Because it is illegal.

Good enough?

And if you got caught doing your advice, you would be leaving yourself wide open to accusations of harrassment based on race. Something that would be impossible to shake off if you were shown to have made spurious allegations about her, without proof, and if you were shown to have obtained covert recordings of her without consent.

As always, you are talking utter shit. Are you bored during the school holidays or something?

I have a feeling the boss can see through it, but is as scared of this gobshite as everyone else is. The race card is extraordinarily easy to play, and extraordinarily hard to shake off. It means any disciplinary proceedings have to be by the book, and that costs a lot of time and a lot of money.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Because it is illegal.

Good enough?

And if you got caught doing your advice, you would be leaving yourself wide open to accusations of harrassment based on race. Something that would be impossible to shake off if you were shown to have made spurious allegations about her, without proof, and if you were shown to have obtained covert recordings of her without consent.

As always, you are talking utter shit. Are you bored during the school holidays or something?

I have a feeling the boss can see through it, but is as scared of this gobshite as everyone else is. The race card is extraordinarily easy to play, and extraordinarily hard to shake off. It means any disciplinary proceedings have to be by the book, and that costs a lot of time and a lot of money.

Why bump my quote & then talk BS?

It isn't illegal actually, far from it. In a real police investigation it may be thrown out, but not in a civil employment matter. Can you please get your facts right instead of bumping a quote from a week ago you little shit stirrer.

Oh please dont pm me again after, please what will I do. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Actually, it is, and cannot be used in any proceedings. Not unless the employer likes losing tribunal proceedings.

Week ago, hardly. Look at the date stamps on the thread, moron.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The race card is extraordinarily easy to play

What makes you so sure about that?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    What makes you so sure about that?

Because most bosses, especially of small firms, shit themselves the second "racial discrimination" is mentioned.