Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

furniture where do you buy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm looking at habitat and john lewis.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Argos as not alot of money.
    Ikea
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It depends what you are looking for too.

We have bought furniture from Argos, Homebase, IKEA, Debenhams.
    Ikea.

I work for a furniture retailers, and we have troubles competing with Ikea. For the price they sell things, there is no better quality stuff available over here. Of course, if I were rich, I have a whole list of suppliers I'd buy from, but they probably won't mean much to people. Think the kind of people who would supply top end department stores.
    Ikea and sometimes Arguuuuuus purely because of the handiness of it.
    ebay
    Recently bought a black and gold guilt chest of drawers from TK MAXX - RRP £200, reduced to £44 :naughty:

Other than that, IKEA and second hand furniture shops - get amazing bargains. I bought a regency button backed bedroom chair for £15, when they're selling on ebay for £80.

Obviously, if I was rich, I'd be buying bespoke furniture to my own designs :yes: :naughty: (or, failing that, spending a hell of a lot of money on antique furniture.)
    ikea is bargain central. got a set of book shelfs for £12 from there. quality.

Habitat is also good but a little bit more expensive, not major dearness tho.
    Ikea, John Lewis, Habitat,(although it can be expensive) and smaller independant local places.
    St Oswald's Hospice Shop, and similar.
    *takes note for a few months time when buying flat*
    Ikea all the way :D
    Ikea all the way :D

have to agree there
    Rich-E wrote:
    *takes note for a few months time when buying flat*

sorry is random but I just realised we joint thesite at the same time, never noticed before
    sorry is random but I just realised we joint thesite at the same time, never noticed before
    I'm sure we've talked about this before! You've been stalking me since then haven't you?! :nervous:

The cheek of it.
    All you ikea lovers, is your store like ours like following the yellow brick road, you can't get out unless you walk around the whole store (several floors too)?
    If so how can you like going there it does my nut in.
    Tweety wrote:
    All you ikea lovers, is your store like ours like following the yellow brick road, you can't get out unless you walk around the whole store (several floors too)?
    You mean in the market place? There are doors where you can take shortcuts ;)
    Glittery wrote:
    You mean in the market place? There are doors where you can take shortcuts ;)

Umm i dunno, the main shop:confused: Ours is where there is lots on show etc and some you can pick up on your way around some you can't and then at the end there is the warehouse bit. The only doors at ours say no entry etc.
    The layout of the Glasgow one is that upstairs is the kinda showroomy bit and downstairs is where you get everything, if you follow the path all the way round then you get to the warehouse and the checkouts. But there are doors scattered around with signs that say "shortcut to blah blah blah". Have a look next time you're in cos Im pretty sure the Gateshead store was like that too.
    Glittery wrote:
    The layout of the Glasgow one is that upstairs is the kinda showroomy bit and downstairs is where you get everything, if you follow the path all the way round then you get to the warehouse and the checkouts. But there are doors scattered around with signs that say "shortcut to blah blah blah". Have a look next time you're in cos Im pretty sure the Gateshead store was like that too.

Unless they have changed ours since i last went there definately wasn't when i last went as i was looking for some ;) lol.
    I stay away from the place tbh. Does my head in.
    Tweety wrote:
    Such blasphemy :o
    Tweety wrote:
    Unless they have changed ours since i last went there definately wasn't when i last went as i was looking for some ;) lol.

They've recently changed it as well. I went in the other day and it's even more of a crazy layout. Like a maze.

I'd say Ikea though. Quite cheap. Theres a great Ikea in Dusseldorf as well should you feel the need to travel :p
    I wouldn't say I paricularly enjoy IKEA, but you can get through reasonably quickly if you want to (there are shortcuts at both Leeds and Nottingham) and, at the end, you can have one of their hotdogs, which are funky.

Quality for price it's hard to beat IKEA at the moment.
    LacyMay wrote:
    They've recently changed it as well. I went in the other day and it's even more of a crazy layout. Like a maze.

What they have changed it so you can actually get out now?
    Tweety wrote:

Nope they've totally made it even more confusing. They've moved lots of stuff around, and there are things on different floors, different ways to get into the car park from the store etc. Nightmare!
    Mist wrote:
    and, at the end, you can have one of their hotdogs, which are funky.

That used to be the highlight but they've changed the hotdogs in the one in Bristol and they are fuckin rank.
    LacyMay wrote:
    Nope they've totally made it even more confusing. They've moved lots of stuff around, and there are things on different floors, different ways to get into the car park from the store etc. Nightmare!

Urgh it was bad enough as it was.
    Tweety wrote:
    You make it sound like prison :p
    Glittery wrote:
    You make it sound like prison :p

It feels like one :p
    Tweety wrote:
    The new one is MK has a yellow brick road, but you can easily take shortcuts to the places you want. We generally frequent the market place most, which you can go straight to, without having to walk through the whole store.
    doesnt dfs always have a huge damned sale on all the time

and the big sofas cost next to nothing, but to buy anything matching with them, costs you a fortune