Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Worst Movies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Post the worst movie you have ever seen to spare others the torture.

Mine is "Brick" :banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dumb and Dumber - for some reason I just fucking hate every single second of that film.

And Titanic - basically a three hour excuse for why rich people deserve to live more than poor people; sickening

Or Man on Fire - Hollywood's sudden realisation that if it made the hero black then it could be repulsively racist about Latin Americans and no one would notice.

The Phantom Menace - Lets make a new movie in the best sci-fi series ever about tax returns - Greorge Lucas, you are an autistic mentalist.

Star trek V - William Shatner proves that you can record an ego on film, and it doesn't look good.

Wind Talkers - I love John Woo, but someone seriously needs to point out that people didn't use to somersault over each other holding two guns whilst taking Iwo Jima.

The Assassin - Nikita is one of the best films ever made, The Assassin is one of the worst remakes ever - Bridget Fonda, let's all pray you never make a single film again for the rest of your life.
    Breakable was the worst film ever!
    Post the worst movie you have ever seen to spare others the torture.

Mine is "Brick" :banghead:

The Hulk

4 attempts so far to watch it and never get more then half way..
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Breakable was the worst film ever!

You sure you don't mean Unbreakable with Bruce Willis
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Daredevil: The story moves slowly in the first half and way too fast in the latter.

Highlander 2: It's not bad enough that they brought aliens into it, they had to contradict half of the things they said in the first movie. Who was the idiot?
    You sure you don't mean Unbreakable with Bruce Willis
    yeah, see its that shit i dont even know the name. there was one with 2pac in that was crap too
    i absolutely hated 'swept away' with madonna :mad: shite film. god knows how i managed to get all the way through it

bad taste - got half way through that before giving up

jack frost 2 - :eek2:

umm and i think its called something like 'american nightmare' - awwful
    Daredevil: The story moves slowly in the first half and way too fast in the latter.

Electra was 10 times worse!!
    Titanic - "omg an hour until the ship sinks!" Not a film hour mind you, but a real, actual time hour. SO fucking boring.

Signs - I don't know why I found this so scary, but I couldn't sleep for weeks afterwards :o

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Can't believe I spent a fiver on this on VHS. There is nothing there except a title!

Meet the Parents/Fockers - So cringe-worthy. I hate films like that so much I cannot remember how I was talked into watching the sequel after I'd hated the first that much.

ET - never seen it all the way through but it's totally overhyped and it shouldn't win all the "50 greatest whatevers" on TV.

The Others - promised to be all spooky and mysterious and great. Instead we get Nicole Kidman being jumpy and shutting doors all the time. Turns out they were dead already. Wahey!
    Daredevil and Unbreakable and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and The Phantom Menace (Except stupid fucking jar jar binks and the gungas) were all GOOD films!

Shit list:

Elektra
    Hulk
    Titanic
    Signs
    Wind talkers
    The Others
    Dumb and Dumber and Dumb and Dumberer
    The Cable Guy
    DOMINO (Never ever watch this shit!)
    Jarhead!!!
    Romeo Must Die is horrendous :yuck:
    Anything with bond in
    i remember in year 9 our teacher made us watch an old arnold schwarzenegger film called total recall. Utter pish.
    The Incredibles (or whatever it's called)
    Twister
    Jarhead
    Final Destination 2 & 3
    Any Scary Movie after the first one.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Electra was 10 times worse!!
    I just watched that the other day, and you're right. It had the exact same problem.
    Hold on, dumb and dumber is a class film. The sequel is shit though.

Pearl Harbour is up there.
    ginger snaps

the shining - i'm not one for scary movies at all but i actually fell asleep watching this
    Moulin Rouge, The Royal Tenenbaums, Summer of Sam.

I'm of the very unpopular opinion that Reservoir Dogs is vastly overrated and - dare I say - a bit shit.
    \
    mona lisa smile and the aviator.
    Jim V wrote:
    The Phantom Menace - Lets make a new movie in the best sci-fi series ever about tax returns - Greorge Lucas, you are an autistic mentalist.
    :lol: Agreed

Perfect with John Travolta and Jamie Lee Curtis. Imagine a 90 minute version of the Eric Pridz Call On Me video.

The Grudge - Sarah Michelle Gellar in a Japanese horror remake. Need I say more?

Weekend (mainly because I didn't have a clue what was going on the whole time, and I'm a film graduate)

Halloween, the most overrated pile of crap I've ever seen. Still a bit harsh to put it in my worst ever films though, I think.

I Spit On Your Grave - I figured anything that Margaret Thatcher banned must be good, but it turns out she had good taste in this case. Not only is the film crap, but you can't hear most of it because the sound recording is so shit.

101 Dalmatians the live action version - what's the point of 101 Dalmatians where the dogs don't talk?
    \
    My freind once bought this film called 'Can I tell you a Secret?' or something out of the bargain bins at Blockbuster, what tripe!

We still laugh about it to this day
    I would have to say the batman movie that is curnetly on channel four. Its shocking.
    Hills Have Eyes
    Castaway
    sahara
    national treasure
    the ring trilogy (including original japanese ones, just plain boring)
    House on Haunted Hill
    Blair Witch
    Ali
    Hotel Paradiso

Used to work in a video shop, sat through my fair share of shit :thumb:
    How could I forget, The Matrix Reloaded. What a crock of shit. I would put the third one in here as well, but I didn't bother watching it because I was bored by that point.
    Wow. I completely forgot about so many awful films. This thread brings back some bad memories. Also, I'm glad I have found people who hate Titantic.
    At least these movies give me something to talk about afterwards.