Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stomach Shrunk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About 3 weeks ago I went got a bit kained with a chick I've been seeing, it wasn't that I had a bad trip - it was pretty awesome but I didn't eat for about 4 days.

Before said session I could eat loads and loads, my dinner would normally consist of a huge curry or pasta bake - or some other studenty type cheap big meal. Since then I can't eat very much at all but I seem to be snacking all the time now, its almost like my stomach has shrunk, has anyone else ever not eaten for a period of time and found this happened? I'm assuming if I just carry on and try and eat normally i'll return to normal? Meh.

Cheers dudes and dudettes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, that's pretty much what can happen. Which is why if you want to get the most of an 'all you can eat' deal you should have a massive meal about 12 hours before.
    Caned what exactly? I do find if I go a bit crazy then I can lose my appetite for a while. It should go back to normal soon enough.
    We had a massive meal, hash cakes for dessert about 3 hours later, then started on the mescaline about 2 hours after that. The next 3 days were just a mixture of mescaline and weed. Sorted myself out at the end with a valium and woke up feeling nice and perky on the Wednesday - not really been eating properly sinse then - this has never happened to me before, mind you I normally eat while im getting fucked. Meh.
    sounds like a nice couple of days ...all will come back into balance.
    Yeah it's annoying though when there's a really nice big meal in front of you though and you can only manage less than half of it. :grump:
    well, im familiar with starvation (my body doesnt bother with hunger any more as i dont respond!), it takes a long time to get your stomach back up. but i find BIG mugs of tea work. drinks are safer to stretch it again than food cos otherwise you'll just be sick. or you can just get yourself an eating disorder practise mind over matter and binge and purge for an evening. though the food wont be there for long it does really stretch you, just be prepared to die by a toilet seat from burst stomach or electrolyte imbalance.
    kasia wrote:
    well, im familiar with starvation (my body doesnt bother with hunger any more as i dont respond!), it takes a long time to get your stomach back up. but i find BIG mugs of tea work. drinks are safer to stretch it again than food cos otherwise you'll just be sick. or you can just get yourself an eating disorder practise mind over matter and binge and purge for an evening. though the food wont be there for long it does really stretch you, just be prepared to die by a toilet seat from burst stomach or electrolyte imbalance.

^^Stupid, don't be telling people to eat and bring it back up for god sake, we're on the internet. :rolleyes:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    kasia wrote:
    or you can just get yourself an eating disorder practise mind over matter and binge and purge for an evening. though the food wont be there for long it does really stretch you, just be prepared to die by a toilet seat from burst stomach or electrolyte imbalance.
    Even if meant in jest, that is amongst some of the worst advice I have seen on the drugs board!

Small regular meals and lots of fluids will do the trick, it took four days to get there, it will probably take a week of looking after your body to sort itself out again.

If you are prepared to do something you know will damage your body, you have to be prepared to take the time to let it heal itself.
    look i pointed out that it kills you and to be honest it is a stupid thing to say. i know for sure YOU CANT CATCH AN EATING DISORDER, you can have a latent one thats triggered by something, but no one is going to be bulimic just cos i said that. i see it very differently from most of you because i expect to die soon in the aforementioned fashion if i dont od or commit suicide, and from that perspective on life everything is a joke (thats the only way to cope,), even if its a crap one. thats not a justification for sayin stupid shit, but hopefully an explanation, so i apologise.
    have you ever considered getting help for your eating disorder? no matter how far along the line you are you can always get help... i got over an eating disorder a couple of years ago, and although there will always be that little demon in your head at least you could be healthy..
    ive had four years of help and a hospitalisation and loads of antidepressants. periods of recovery, intense relapses, and periods of horrible dark depression where even an eating disorder takes too much energy. this sounds fucked up (it is) but ive generally been much better since i decided i would die before graduation. ive stopped caring so ive been able to let go.

anyway this isnt helping the guy whos shrunk his stomach... though it may have grown again by now.