Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Selling magazine freebieson eBay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it okay to sell the free gifts you get with magazines - books, bags, flip flops, etc - on eBay?

Are we getting an eBay forum, btw? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think so. Though you probably have to mention that it was originally a free gift.
    We really need an ebay forum :yes:

As long as you say it was free then I dont see anything wrong with it, a wise person (Click to See More :p) once said "An item is worth whatever people are prepared to pay for it".

Someone might have really wanted the flipflops but didnt get them so will be willing to pay for them.
    People buy that rubbish?
    But also the fact that they came free in a magazine may play to your disadvantage ie. people will realise that they were free.
    i sold a dvd that came free with a playstation magazine - just had a few videos of ps2 games on it. old ones. sold it for 3 quid :eek2: dunno why anyone wanted it though
    I believe you can as long as you state it as such. I've sold a mountain of cosmetic freebies that you can get just by asking for samples over the counter. People really lap them up and I have a ton seeing as I used to work on counters and got freebies a lot! GWP - gift with purchase items I sometimes sell too because yeah I paid oh so much for my items and got a gift, but the gift may have nothing I want and a lot of people purchase stuff JUST for the gift but I always state it because they sometimes have 'Not for resale' or something them so you need to cover yourself!