Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going Out With A Friend Of A Friend...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Known someone for a while through a friend. Seems like we may get it together. Has anyone had any troubles going out with a friend of a friend? The three of us are friends, but they have known eachother a lot longer. I dont think it would be a problem, but just trying to look at it from both sides.

Comments

• Options
    You're making an issue where none needs to exist. If you get it together, does any of this matter?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You're making an issue where none needs to exist. If you get it together, does any of this matter?

Haha yeah you are probably right. Just never gone out with someone through a friend before!
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Haha yeah you are probably right. Just never gone out with someone through a friend before!
    What would matter is how happy the two of you were together. Any thoughts that it would be awkward aren't going to help.
  • Options
    Don't see much wrong with it except that if the relationship fails then the other friend might take sides or all 3 might fall out.
  • Options
    I'd say it's the most common way of meeting someone. I doubt there'd be any issues unless you had a particularly bad breakup or one did something really bad to the other. I do know people who no longer talk or have drifted apart because their friends have broken up and they've taken sides. But why would you be thinking about this now? Hardly the best thing to be thinking when you're trying to get to know someone.
  • Options
    Cheers for the responses. I guess theres a bit more to it really that I havnt said. I sort of said in a bit of a tipsy state that I would go out with him when he asked. Now thinking about a few things, I am thinking we should just hang out together and see what happens! Just incase it turns out we are not such a great match. Also I am not quite sure what type of relationship he his looking for. We are both bi and from the sounds of things he would still want to take an interest in guys. So perhaps an open relationship or some kind of agreement. Guess I need to speak to him when I havnt been drinking! Also I am slightly negative about this situation as my last serious relationship ended through a lot of jealousy. My boyfriend at the time worried about certain women and myself worried about certain men who had their eye on him. I am just thinking maybe this could be a whole repetition which I do not want to go through again. In a way Im thinking I am completely off my rockers even considering this! Maybe I should just go out with a lesbian so I dont have to be fighting both sexes off! You see I very rarely fancy straight men, they tend to be bi. Or just a bi person who doesnt just want to have their cake and eat it! Surely if he liked me that much he could go without pulling guys. Thats my view on it anyway. Being bi myself I dont have a problem with sticking to just a male/female if I am going out with them! Or maybe this is where the level of age/maturity comes into it as he is a year younger than myself. Or perhaps just personality?! This is why I am already having second thoughts! I am just thinking its really not worth it...tonight Im gonna go out and see who else I meet.