Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Be honest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
How much exercise do you do a day/week?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I walk 4-5 miles a day and I dance for about 6 hours at the wknds.
    Ooo you are good then.
    I ride between 60 and 100 miles each week on my little pink gaybike :).
    I used to do an hour of gymness a day. As well as a mile on the crosstrainer a day at home.

Now the only exercise i do is walking from my car to work, which by the way is about 100 metres. It's why i am getting just so fat.
    Very little.

I am still recovering from the half hour I did last Saturday :/
    it varies - usually its just dog walking and dancing at the weekends.
    Not enough.

I live in the middle of nowhere so have to drive to get places. Most of my exercise is walking with Abbie or Archie.
    Generally about 3 hours of gym a week. Although these past few weeks I haven't been as much for one reason or another. sigh.
    Not much at the minute to be honest.

I'm working so much and haven't had much chance to go to the gym because of their lame opening hours.

Usually I do about 5-6 hours at the gym though..

Just realised that last summer I cycled 80 miles a week. Ouch.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I train with my mates at least twice a week, I swim at least twice a week and take my dog for at least an hours walk and run everyday.
    Weekender Offender 
    Well before school broke up i use to walk 3 and a half miles eachday, erm i use to do 2 hours of p.e and one hour of dance at school a week, i do two hours of kickboxing a week and i also do one hour of lifesaving a week.
    Not much really but I'm not unfit. I walk about 3 miles everyday when I'm at uni and I do a bit of sport there too, but I tend to slack off in the holidays. I go raving quite a bit though and I think I forget how much exercise that is!
    \
    Not regularly, but today friends and me will rent a football field/hall and play. yesterday we went swimming and played a few games of beach volleyball.
    Whenever we meet swimming or to play B-VB we ride our bikes.

So in summer a ok amount. I am 180cm but 55kilograms, so not like I need it (or not that I would become fatter in winter).

Damn... dreams about having some muscles one day
    Not much. A lot of walking and a few sit ups...
    At home, I canoe 3 times a week, on average about 5 miles a time. At the moment we are going to the canoe club pretty much every day but I don't always train, instead messing about in wobbly boats and falling in the canal. At university I'm a lazy arse but I'm going to join the gym again when I get back. Oh and I run around like a blue arsed fly at the Co-op for 6 hours a day, which I'm sure counts for something!
    Wanking, walking and dancing.
    i breath in and out everyday.
    i sit i stand.
    i put one leg in front of the other as and when needed.
    athletes and those who work physicaly hard all their lives tend to drop dead far earlier than people who don't even wipe their own arse.
    the queen mum lifted nothing heavier than a glass of gin for over a hundred years ...never ran for a bus or picked up a duster ...need i say more ...
    \
    you can actually do too much exercise. for instance if you're going to the gym 5times a week, prepare for problems with your joints or osteoperosis when you get older.
    I do a bit, but not enough. I probably walk about 1.5 miles a day, and I go walking on a weekend sometimes.

I did ride my bike on a weekend, but its a bit broken at the minute, so I don't.
    Kermit wrote:
    I do a bit, but not enough. I probably walk about 1.5 miles a day, and I go walking on a weekend sometimes.

I did ride my bike on a weekend, but its a bit broken at the minute, so I don't.
    kermitpw1.jpg
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Skive wrote:
    I train with my mates at least twice a week, I swim at least twice a week and take my dog for at least an hours walk and run everyday.

...and I've got a very physical job at the moment.
    Weekender Offender 
    Mmm, chicken...

*dribbles*
    None... apart from sex and raving. I got out of breath this morning searching my room for something :(.
    Tweety wrote:
    How much exercise do you do a day/week?
    Once a week.
    none. except walking up and down the stairs and odd things like that. taking the dog for a walk. no proper exercise. yet i have quite a lean figure. annoys my family.
    I walk everywhere. To and from work. To and from McDonalds at lunch time. I try to lift a few weights 3 times a week too. I enjoy having the ability to lift heavy things tbh.
    i used to nothing but my walks to and from train station now i try to do half and hour on my excercise bike i bought a fe months ago every day. just done forty minutes my best so far. feel good!
    I go into town most weeks, which is about 3 miles (maybe more) and sometimes have to walk to the shops for my parents.