Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

text message

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

I got a text message from a girl this evening basically wanting to get to know me better, however I don’t recognise the name or the number however she new my name so I don’t think that it is a wrong number but I think I know who it is but I don’t want to offend them by getting the wrong person.

How should I responds to this? Should I just ask straight away or ask some of my friend if they know of someone with this number?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    text her back either to politely ask who she is, or rudely tell her "never to text you again cos you dont like strangers"
    you could always fib and say that your phone is playing up and has deleted some numbers so who is this?
    Darn you caught me
    "who is this? how did you get my number?"

[send]

All questions answered.
    Got some well random text first thing this morning from 02-alert.

Couldn't work out who it was from, but more importantly it pissed me off cause it filled up my inbox so I had to wait even longer for a more important txt to come through :mad:
    Text them back, asking kindly who they are. If they won't tell you, don't bother replying. Even if she does reply, take it with a large pinch of salt. If a girl or guy wants your number badly enough, they should ask you for it, not gain it through underhand methods.
    but for all we know he could have given his number out when he was drunk and forgotten about it.
    lipsy wrote:
    but for all we know he could have given his number out when he was drunk and forgotten about it.
    Well, maybe. Either way, they need to find out who this person is. After all, you can't go out with someone if you don't know their name.
    i text her back, i think it is a friend of a friend but we shall have to wait and see