Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Inspire me please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to make something nice for dinner tonight, I've got the following:

Mince
Chicken
Mushrooms
Onions
Courgettes
Peppers
Garlic
Cheese
Bacon
Rice
Pasta
Tomato & Basil sauce.

No spag bol suggestions please, I already live on that :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Chicken stirfry?
    That's something else I usually live on, I fancy doing something with the mince other than spag bol but I cant think of anything :/
    Lasagne?
    Ooooh.

But that would involve me going to the shop to buy lasange pasta and Im really not planning on getting dressed today :D
    Lol perhaps someone who cooks "different" things might be able to help, we don't cook anything to bizarre here as Chris is fussy.
    What are you having tonight? J is really fussy too so I make boring stuff for him and nice stuff for me :D
    We are having Chicken fried rice i believe. Chris does the cooking in our house :D
    Ooh I meant to tell you I made Chris' recipe for that, was quite nice actually :yum:
    Glittery wrote:
    Ooh I meant to tell you I made Chris' recipe for that, was quite nice actually :yum:

Ooo cool :D i really like it when he makes it. Tis scrummy.
    Make carbonara! :)
    1983 wrote:
    Make carbonara! :)

Was just about to say that. Make it with penne pasta (if you have any), shred the chicken, don't forget a raw egg for the sauce, then when the pasta's done chuck it into the frying pan with the sauce and eat straight from the pan. My staple in Russia :yum:
    Cook and drain some pasta, till it's JUST done. Whilst the pasta is cooking brown the chicken off in a pan.

Meanwhile, fry the onions and garlic, add the peppers and courgettes and fry them off. At the last minute add the mushrooms then the tomato and basil sauce.

Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish. Mix the pasta in with the sauce and pour it over the chicken. Grate some cheese over the top and bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
    That sounds nice Miffy
    It does, doesn't it? I'd probably put black olives in too if I had them, and mix the cheese with some fine white breadcrumbs.

Hmm, wonder if I've got any chicken in the freezer. :chin:
    I think Miffy is going to win, that sounds yum and I've got everything to make that. The carbonara sounds nice too but I havent got the stuff to make the sauce for that.
    Glittery wrote:
    I think Miffy is going to win, that sounds yum and I've got everything to make that. The carbonara sounds nice too but I havent got the stuff to make the sauce for that.

Let us know wht you think as it sounds yummy and i may have to try it sometime.
    I didnt have Miffys suggestion in the end cos I ended up getting carried away doing other stuff and wanted something quickish that I knew how to make :p I had homemade New York chicken and it was yuuuum.

Im going to have Miffys thing during the week so I'll let you know how it was Shell :)
    What's New York chicken? :confused:
    We didn't hve chicken fried rice either as Chris forgot to take the chicken out the freezer yesterday.
    What's New York chicken? :confused:
    Grilled chicken breast, bbq sauce on top of that, then some cheese, then 2 rashers of bacon on top of that, more bbq sauce and topped with cheese and bunged in the oven :yum:
    Oh, smothered chicken! :)
    I didn't do it either, was going to but I also got carried away doing stuff and ended up having cheese and crackers at about 10 p.m. !

But they were nice cheese and crackers so that was ok. :D