Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Spots in general

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just curious to see everyones actions on spots. i dont have loads of spots but i get like individual spots which get pretty big :yuck:

i try face washes ie clearasil and clean&clear but all they do is make my skin soft by exfoliating it. i used to use tea tree oil but found it quite harsh. my mum says using toothpaste to put on it works :eek2:

anywho jus share u ways to deal with the annoying/vicious cycle of spots!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    5g of vitamin b5 will clear it up in no time
    Where can you get Vitamin B5 from please?

Please execuse my nievity :sour:
    toothpaste is an old wifes tale.
    That might explain why i have started getting spotty as i stopped taking my b vits.
    You can buy vitamins from health food shops, supermarkets, chemits etc...
    Put vinegar on the spots, neat or with water. Usually takes a few weeks and you'll be clear. Some people leave it on overnight, some for 15 minutes then wash it off, it's up to you
    Not sure if your a girl or not but anyway....

Make sure all of your make up is taken off at night, and I mean every last scrap. I use remover wipes then Clean and Clear cleanser and then moisturise.

In the morning I use the clean and clear cleanser again and moisturise before putting any make up on (giving it 5 minutes to sink in though)

Also try to exfoliate twice a week, the St Ives has a blemish control scrub which is really good.

Thats what I do anyway, and my skin is really clear (generally) that and I drink 5/6 litres of water a day, but thats amounts not really advisable (or so my GP says), but try to drink 2 litres :)
    Putting tea tree oil on helps clear them up.
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Not sure if your a girl or not but anyway....

Make sure all of your make up is taken off at night, and I mean every last scrap. I use remover wipes then Clean and Clear cleanser and then moisturise.

In the morning I use the clean and clear cleanser again and moisturise before putting any make up on (giving it 5 minutes to sink in though)

Also try to exfoliate twice a week, the St Ives has a blemish control scrub which is really good.

Thats what I do anyway, and my skin is really clear (generally) that and I drink 5/6 litres of water a day, but thats amounts not really advisable (or so my GP says), but try to drink 2 litres :)

5/6 a day?! You do realise that by doing that you're doing more harm than good, and can actually be getting rid of salts and minerals that you need?
    staxx wrote:
    5/6 a day?! You do realise that by doing that you're doing more harm than good, and can actually be getting rid of salts and minerals that you need?
    Yes I know, its actually quite bad that I was taken into hospital in February cause my kidneys had had enough. I just get thirsty a lot :yum:
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Yes I know, its actually quite bad that I was taken into hospital in February cause my kidneys had had enough. I just get thirsty a lot :yum:

Have you been tested for diabetes?
    Cheap way:

Water as hot as you can stand, soap, hot water, cold water.

Though, I use all the products and my b/c has ingrediants so I really can't be talking :p
    my_name wrote:
    Cheap way:

Water as hot as you can stand, soap, hot water, cold water.

Though, I use all the products and my b/c has ingrediants so I really can't be talking :p

Soap is the worst thing you can put on skin if you have spots. It's alkaline, which is how it kills bacteria, and the skins pH is acidic, soap knocks it out of whack and worsens the condition
    Yes, Thousands of times :rolleyes:
    i dab tea tree oil on it and then leave it on over night
    staxx wrote:
    Soap is the worst thing you can put on skin if you have spots. It's alkaline, which is how it kills bacteria, and the skins pH is acidic, soap knocks it out of whack and worsens the condition

I didn't realize I had to specify facial soap in a thread talking about spots on your face. My assumption it was a given and I did not have to type facial soap, instead I could shorten it to soap, was obviously wrong. Please do forgive me.
    my_name wrote:
    I didn't realize I had to specify facial soap in a thread talking about spots on your face. My assumption it was a given and I did not have to type facial soap, instead I could shorten it to soap, was obviously wrong. Please do forgive me.

Ah fair enough. People often do use soap though so i just assumed you meant that. I don't know the difference between the two though, personally i still think vinegar or lemon is the best thing
    staxx wrote:
    Ah fair enough. People often do use soap though so i just assumed you meant that. I don't know the difference between the two though, personally i still think vinegar or lemon is the best thing

This is probably the dumbest question ever, but does the vinigar smell go away quickly?
    my_name wrote:
    This is probably the dumbest question ever, but does the vinigar smell go away quickly?

Yeah, it's the one thing that puts people off but in all honesty it stays there for a few minutes, no more than 10 at the longest. A lot of people only leave it on for 10-15 anyway, although it's probably best to leave it on overnight. But yeah, you can apply it in the morning and leave it on all day and no one will notice - i've done that
    I'm 24 and still get spots, have tried EVERYTHING. Thanks for the B vitamin tip, will try that.

I use tea tree facial wash from the Body Shop and in the night put on tea tree gel.
    I have seen little Vitamin B things in Superdrug is that the right one? On the back it has loads of vitamins, not one called B5 though.

Is this the correct one or not? Otherwise where's the best place to get them from please?
    TomUk wrote:
    I have seen little Vitamin B things in Superdrug is that the right one? On the back it has loads of vitamins, not one called B5 though.

Is this the correct one or not? Otherwise where's the best place to get them from please?

I think you can buy Vitb 5 seperately or you can just go for the vitb complex which is what i take after advice from doc when feeling tired.
    vitamin b5 is also known as panthothenic acid. i take multivitamins and it says it on the back.