Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Happy endings?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have been cheated on, or if YOU were the one who cheated, BUT your partner forgave you (or vise versa) and from then everything came out rosey and they never did it again etc.

I think I just need to know if there ARE any happy stories out there in this sort of situation.

Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    for me cheating is unforgivable in any circumstance, i couldnt forgive it and wouldnt expect to be forgiven myself.

its one of the worst things you can possibly do.

end of.
    koe_182 wrote:
    for me cheating is unforgivable in any circumstance, i couldnt forgive it and wouldnt expect to be forgiven myself.

its one of the worst things you can possibly do.

end of.
    :yes: i take it you're wanting to forgive your boyfriend then?

i know my parents relationship hasn't been good for a few years. In october 04 my mum nearly walked out. I asked her why and she said it was something dad did. Now because of how they were and it was mum who was the most upset - i think my dad cheated. I can't be 100% but i'm pretty sure.
    Now they're getting divorced.
    I havent been in the situation myself (that im aware of...) but i have friends that have, and im sorry to say that they all ended with alot of hurt at some point.
    One of my exes cheated on me and got a girl pregnant. I went out with him for like a year or so after that. Of course i never liked him as much again, and we eventually split up cos all we did was argue, and really i couldn't stand him. Whether that was cos of the cheating, or the fact he was a sad twat i don't know.
    LacyMay wrote:
    One of my exes cheated on me and got a girl pregnant.
    owch - did she have the baby?
    Ballerina wrote:
    owch - did she have the baby?

Not that i'm aware of. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he made that bit up but i'll never know!
    My ex cheated on me and I stayed with him for a year and a half after that. I thought I was "in love" with him and was fairly dependent on him so couldn't see him for the twat he was. When I eventually saw the light, I left him. However, for that year and a half I suffered from panic attacks, I was always anxious, paranoid and insecure and I distanced myself from everyone. He made me feel worthless and we argued all the time. I wasted my first year at university because of him and I hate him for that.

I thought it would work out but it didn't. I don't think it does in any case to be honest.
    was always anxious, paranoid and insecure and I distanced myself from everyone. He made me feel worthless and we argued all the time.

Have to say thats exactly how i felt. I don't know why but after i got back with him, it was like he had the upper hand in someway. I was always made to feel like it was my fault or something, or i should be grateful.
    personally, I think even if the person 'forgives' the other, it will always be hanging around there in the back of their mind ready to come up in some future argument.
    I think to make it work after one person has cheated would take a hell of a lot of trust and hard work.
    I'm sorry but I have to agree with the other posts. I was cheated on about 4 months ago, and I'm still not over it. I broke up with him, but it still hurts. I think if you get cheated on it's so gutting that you look for any excuse to be able to get back with him. Like other people's success stories or advice, then you can think 'well it works out for other people so it might work out for us'.

But I'm sorry to say, I don't think it does. It'd be so hard to regain that trust again, and I dont know about other people, but I always felt like if I got back with him it'd be like he was getting away with it scott free. Especially if they don't really make much effort to make things right. I mean, anyone can say 'i'm so sorry' and 'I'd never do anything like that again', but actions speak louder than words.

So no, I dont think getting back with a cheating ex would work out. I'm sorry :(
    My old Ex from university days, though i knew her in high school and still keep intouch, She cheated on EVERY boyfriend she has ever had. She cheated on the guy who she lost her virginity to a week or so later but stayed with him still cheating for many more months. She cheated on every boyfriend after that, even ones who were in love and talking toher about marriage, she cheated with her best friends boyfriend behind the backs of her two boyfriends she was stringing along at the same time. Then me and her went out...whether she cheated or no i do not know because we didnt last long as a couple, we were good friends and the sex was good, but we never clicked as anything other then friends, so we split...but if i found out she was shagging five other guys behind my back i wouldnt have been surprised. Im just glad i will never ask and hopefully will never find out because i hate the idea of been cheated on!
    Once the trust has been broken, it's nigh on impossible to recover from there.

Is this entirely hypothetical or is this a tacit post regarding something you or your fella has done?
    Once the trust has been broken, it's nigh on impossible to recover from there.

Is this entirely hypothetical or is this a tacit post regarding something you or your fella has done?

It is something that her fella has done.
    Yes- my boyfriend has a drunken one night stand.

We were PERFECT before this happened. Like REALLY perfect. We were even going to get engaged by the end of the year.

I HATE him but part of me still loves him and wants him.

Hes so sorry for what he did and hates himself- he says he doesnt really remember much of it anyway from the drink- but thats deffo no excuse!!!

So i guess I just wanted to see if there were any happy stories out there when couples get back together. :crying:
    \
    It does work :)

I cheated on my girlfriend about a year ago. I never cheated again. We were together for a year after that (till today) when it emerged about.. other things.

BUT if that didn't happen, we would have been ok. :)
    \
    Yea, I think it was a long time coming. Not trying to take over the thread :p
    Yea, I think it was a long time coming. Not trying to take over the thread :p
    make a new one :yes: