Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Holiday Reps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I didn't know if this would be Travel or Work - I'm thinking Work!

Anyway, I'm waiting for an application form for Club 18-30 repping next year. Has anyone done it? What did they think? Would they do it again - or have you done it again?!

I think I'm the right kind of person (how big-headed does that make me sound?!!) and I would absolutely LOVE it if I was chosen. Just want some insight from people who have actually done it.

Cheers ears!

Comments

• Options
    i havent personally but im mates with a couple who have - they say its really hard work with long hours but it can be fun also.
    I wouldnt imagine its the best job in the world though when you're out with a big group of holiday makers who are pissed up and fighting each other, you're stone cold sober and its your job to get them under control...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    i havent personally but im mates with a couple who have - they say its really hard work with long hours but it can be fun also.
    I wouldnt imagine its the best job in the world though when you're out with a big group of holiday makers who are pissed up and fighting each other, you're stone cold sober and its your job to get them under control...

shouting get your tits out for the lads
  • Options
    icey wrote:

When I was just in Magaluf... the reps were out getting just as pissed as the holiday makers! None of them stayed sober... although I dunno if they were supposed to or not! lol

One of them woke me up one morning, she had just got out the pool fully clothed and came and rang her top out over me! Which was not nice with the hang over I had!! :mad:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    When I was just in Magaluf... the reps were out getting just as pissed as the holiday makers! None of them stayed sober... although I dunno if they were supposed to or not! lol

One of them woke me up one morning, she had just got out the pool fully clothed and came and rang her top out over me! Which was not nice with the hang over I had!! :mad:

dirty ho:yes:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:

There was a rep there last year called Hayley, dark curly hair, reaaallly pretty - she comes from round here, we kinda know her - that sounds just like something she would do!
  • Options
    Are you watching Club Reps on ITV?

It's all about Club 18-30. I'm ashamed to say i've actually been watching it :p
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Are you watching Club Reps on ITV?

It's all about Club 18-30. I'm ashamed to say i've actually been watching it :p

Haha nah, I haven't watched it recently but I've seen it before. :thumb:
  • Options
    Haha nah, I haven't watched it recently but I've seen it before. :thumb:

It's good (in a sad kinda way!)

I've never done it, but if it's worth anything i think a person with your sorta personality would seriously go down well (plus you like a drink, always good :p)
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    It's good (in a sad kinda way!)

I've never done it, but if it's worth anything i think a person with your sorta personality would seriously go down well (plus you like a drink, always good :p)

Thanks mate, that's a really nice thing to say! And the liking a drink thing ALWAYS goes down well, haha.

Just found out that since I said I was applying, my Dad has been watching Club Reps religiously - that can never be a good thing!
  • Options
    id love for you to be my rep:)
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    id love for you to be my rep:)

I don't blame you. ;)
  • Options
    I was talking to a girl at my interview the other day who'd been a holiday rep, apparently if you're doing a bar crawl with holidaymakers then you're allowed like two glasses of white wine or something, but nobody ever sticks to it apparently.

Think she liked it, can't remember too many people coming back saying they wish they hadn't bothered.
  • Options
    I have my thomson rep training course in a week, i cant wait, im all excited again now.

I cnt tell you anything about being a rep yet personally but i have 2 mates who have worked for 18-30's one for 2 seasons and the other for 6 yesr (only came home because he got the wrong side of 30)

They both loved it, they say that it is so much fun but very very demanding and long hours.

If you havnt had an interview yet aparently all the operators interviews are similar .

mine consisted of preparing a 15 min presentation on something that i couldnt live without, a few more on the spot presentations on random subjects, group game thingys, and maths, english and problem splving exams.

I now have to go on a week long residential training course in essex and presuming that i score above 85% on that im off to the sun in a couple of weeks.

so if you get the job and have any questions in a couple of months pm me because by then i should be able to answer :)