Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help with works document

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Is there any way to open and read a microsoft works word processor document on a computer that doesnt have works?

I wrote something on my home computer which has works and now i need to read it on my work computer which has word :S i completely forgot and i am supposed to hand in the document by the end of today...

any help will be really appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought Office could open Works documents? I've probably got a copy of Works 95 kicking around somewhere if you're really desperate :).
    when i try to open it, it just tells me it cant and tells me to go to the works website. just annoyed with myself for forgetting cos its a job application and closing date is today - seems so stupid to have done all that work writing it only to not be able to get it in on time :s
    well maybe this is telling me i shouldnt go for the job...
    I thought Office could open Works documents?
    according to microsoft, "the current version" (they don't give an actual version number) can: https://www.microsoft.com/products/works/more/worktogether.mspx
    btw, if you want me to have a go at opening it, send it to me in a pm
    youre right it says word should open it but it doesnt :s
    how do i send it to you? (sry, as u can probably tell, i am not that computer smart :p)
    i've just sent you a pm, with my email address in it. you can email me the document from your usual email account. i'll have a go at opening and converting it for you.
    opened without any problems in word, re-saved and have emailed back to you :)

good luck with the job application!
    woohoo you're a legend, thanks :)
    now i should get it in on time and hopefully get a super new job :p