Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Israeli's killed UN observers in Lebanon.

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Oh, brilliant. Aren't the Israeli's wonderful? Not just Lebonese civilians now, but UN observers too!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5216230.stm
The report says there was fierce fighting in the area for about six hours before the post was hit, during which time UN personnel contacted the Israel military 10 times, urging them to stop firing.

Our correspondent says the UN claims that after each call, it was assured the firing would stop.

Fucking wankers. When we people realise Israel doesn't give a shit? They are out for blood it seems, regardless of whos it is. This sort of thing really gets my goat. This shows the disregard they have for anyones life at the minute.

They seem to have a vendeta with the whole world, even the UN.

A photo of one of the dead has emerged too:
5216230.stm

Well... I see Israel is targeting anything that exists now... going for the full on Chechnya approach to anti-terrorist warfare now: Wipe EVERYTHING out.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why is it suprising when people get killed in a warzone ?
    Because the UN inspectors were targetted on purpose?
    it was a six story building ...standing on its own.
    it had big fuck of letters ..U.Npainted on it ...it has been there years.
    ten times the un people pleaded for the shelling to stop and then ...in comes a jet and fires a precision guided missile ...:chin:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

They asked them 10 times to stop firing? *sigh*
    You don't get it Gerbil. Israel can do no wrong. Ever.

If (as a completely hypothetical situation of course) Israeli soldiers were filimed taking babies away from Lebanese houses, making a pile of them and setting them on fire, I have little doubt our friend here would justify such actions.

People die in wars, right?
    Aladdin wrote:
    You don't get it Gerbil. Israel can do no wrong. Ever.

If (as a completely hypothetical situation of course) Israeli soldiers were filimed taking babies away from Lebanese houses, making a pile of them and setting them on fire, I have little doubt our friend here would justify such actions.

People die in wars, right?

Probably true.

And I bet he'd be the first to condem the Russian abuses in Chechnya... and yet the two (Israel and Checnya) are doing no different. Well, Russia did different... it's a different story now really.
    There were Chinese in that UN facility, you know their Government will sit back not much longer if their observers start to die.
    wow well i guess hezbollah must be basing their operations out of u.n. buildings now, why else would they blow the place up with "precision-guided" strikes? they were obviously asking for it........
    subject13 wrote:
    There were Chinese in that UN facility, you know their Government will sit back not much longer if their observers start to die.

You don't think China is going to invade Israel? Ffs! They have sent UN peacekeeps to Lebanon though. They ain't going to invade... the US would go loopy.

And lol at Senor Miguel's comment.

BTW: Kofi said it MUST have been deliberate. There is no way it wasn't... Condeleeza looked so angry when he said that. But of course it was deliberate... but why? Why would Israel do that? Bastards.

Even that poor old git Sharron wasn't this bad.
    i'd want good advice if i were in power right now.
    I never said China would invade! Who would think that?

I was thinking they would simply, you know, apply political pressure, etc.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You don't think China is going to invade Israel? Ffs! They have sent UN peacekeeps to Lebanon though. They ain't going to invade... the US would go loopy.
    It would be nice if they told Israel in no uncertain terms to cool it or else.

Or alternatively, to sell some weapons to the Lebanese army (and to the people of Palestine) so they have some kind of protection against the biggest terrorist state ever seen in the region.

If someone opened a fund tomorrow to provide the Lebanese with anti-aircraft systems I'd make a hefty donation. I understand the Russians have always produced the best and most effective SAMs in the world. A few Israeli jets being blown out of the sky as they were about to conduct another illegal and murderous sortie against innocent civilians would certainly save many lives and inject a bit of much needed balance in the region.