Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Losing weight

Basically was just wondering, you know how if you want to lose weight you do exercise and as you sweat it burns off fat? What if you sweat doing the housework, are you burning fat then too? Or just losing water? I mean I know some people have said sex is an exercise, so if that is I guess running around the house with a hoover can be?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    movement = using enery = burning calories
    The sweating isn't what's important. Yes, of course you'll weigh less if you sweat out lots of water, but you're not actually losing fat that way and if you sweat too much you'll be dehydrated. Lipsy's right, it's movement that counts as it burns the calories. Housework can be fantastic exercise so if that's what floats your boat then get hoovering!
    Yep, movement of any kind is going to burn the fat. I suppose housework is as good a place to start as any. Sitting sweating is water weight and isnt much use, Your just dehydrating.
    Get your arse to the gym, you'll lose weight fast.

Failing that just get a lot of exercise but if you find it hard to make time for it, then gym is a good option, you can burn a lot of calories in just an hour, plus give yourself a rush of endorphins making you feel good.
    lipsy wrote:
    movement = using enery = burning calories
    :yes:
    you cannot not use calories tbh. do fu*k all and you'll loose about 1200kcals/day. hence why people need to eat food.
    I do go to the gym, or did, until it started gettin proper hot. Now I can't motivate myself enough, plus been busy trying to sort out a mortgage every spare minute I get, running around like a head less chicken sortin everythin out.