Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Horrible breakout, help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

I usually have pretty clear skin with just a faint blush of spots on my cheeks, but I got back from my holiday at 5am yesterday morning, went to sleep and when I woke up I had THE worst breakout of spots all over my left cheek! Just the left one, not the right one It looks absolutely hideous and it's hardly got any better today. My mum reckons take piriton for it as it might be an allergic reaction to something but I can't think what! I haven't used any new moisturiser or anything like that. I've taken the piriton anyway but aaaargh what can I do to make it less red in a hurry?

Please help, I'm seeing my boyfriend for the first time in two weeks tonight and he's probably going to run away screaming if I look like this!

Comments

• Options
    maybe it's just a heat rash because it's warm and you'd be sweatting alot. did you sleep on that side?
  • Options
    No that's the weird thing, it's the side I didn't sleep on. Argh, I just can't look in the mirror any more because it looks minging! They're all kind of under-the-skin spots, not big whiteheads or anything, but they're all over that side of my face.
  • Options
    I've had something similar from shaving and that and when I get heat rash, maybe it's that.
  • Options
    try some freederm - thats quite good at taming under the skin spots
  • Options
    it's probably a reaction to something.

and you won't have just slept one 1 side all night.
  • Options
    Once your sleeping you don't move much, most people at least. Unless you have a cheap mattress or something that makes you uncomfortable.

Another recomendation for those under the skin ones is clean and clear's persagel 5. Though I'd reccomend using it before bed as it leaves behind a white afterness :\
  • Options
    If you got back from holiday at 5am the travelling etc won't have helped. For a short term fix there's not much you can do, other than the piriton if its the reaction side and giving all of you a really good wash to get the travelling scum off. Your boyfriend will probably not notice let alone mind.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been washing it really gently with E45 face wash, not putting anything else on it, and drinking shitloads of water. Seems to be a lot better today although it's still there!