Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Transport...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Dead easy to park. Traffic isn't an issue. Whilst I pay the higher rate of tax£62 per year), it's rather less than those unfortunate enough to drive a car. 45mpg around town without trying - well over 50mpg on a run.

0-60mph in 3 seconds. 0-100mph in under 10 seconds. 150mph+ should the mood take my fancy. But the best is yet to come...

£90.30p to insure it for a year.

I :heart: my bike :).
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i fully intend on getting a motorbike at some point in my life but never ever would i consider subsituting my car for one. i find that it cuts down on your freedom, you are limited to 2 people max, no luggage etc....

i like having a car. Owning a car doesnt have to be expensive.
  • Options
    Yeah i want a motorbike. Will defo get one at some point.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've had a bike on the road and it was very nearly the end of me.
    Whilst there are still other cunts in cars on the road, it's just too bloody dangerous.

I can get all the thrills that come from riding a bike and more, by riding it off road.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    no luggage etc....

You can buy things that fit on the bike for luggage...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    You can buy things that fit on the bike for luggage...
    shatters the street hawk look i would be going for.
  • Options
    Can get a surprising amount in a backpack ;).
  • Options
    I fully intend to do my bit and ruin the environment for everyone else as hopefully it will bring in a new ice age. Anything to beat this fucking infernal summer. I shall be driving everywhere.
  • Options
    My brother just bought a motercycle. Gets like 45-50mpg I think and only cost I think another $50 a year to insure (it was put on my parents insurance along with all the other cars) Except for the fact you can only drive it like 3 months out of the year i'd say its a good idea :p

I'd get one, but I saw a girl on a bike the other day and it was scary.
  • Options
    ^Nah. I take mine off the road for the summer, and use it the rest of the time. Even in the ice and snow - the folk who only come out during May-September tend to be rubbish. They've never been out in the rain, and they're the people who tend to get hurt, make stupid decisions on the road, and give us all a bad name. :)

Lots of girls ride bikes. It's about the whole feeling, the sensation you get - makes no odds how you look :).
  • Options
    Cars vs Bikes.... hmmm. Bikes are great....

But I know which vehicle I'd rather have if it decided to break down in the middle of no where in the rain/snow!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I want a bike. A Triumph Rocket 3. Oh yes please.
  • Options
    I have a bike. A Raleigh Monsoon. Don't even have to pay petrol, 0-10mph in about an hour...

But London drivers are bastards and I came off it on Thursday. Ow.
  • Options
    I came off my gay pushbike on Wednesday afternoon. Ruined my shorts, took the skin off my knee and elbow. Motorcycles are soooo much better :).