Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

French manicured toenails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats your opinion on this? Now I like painting my toenails and find colored nails to be pretty, but I also believe toenails should be clean and short. Definatly no where near long enough to have a french done on them. And fake toenails even! Ewww, tbh. Will this be next springs fashion?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That photo! :eek:

I always have my tootsies painted, I've done a french manicure a few times but I dont have long nails, I just paint the white bit on the nail as it is.

That doesnt make sense does it? Ach I know what I mean :p
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    my_name wrote:
    Whats your opinion on this? Now I like painting my toenails and find colored nails to be pretty, but I also believe toenails should be clean and short. Definatly no where near long enough to have a french done on them. And fake toenails even! Ewww, tbh. Will this be next springs fashion?

Ewww. Not on my feet it won't be.

I don't paint my nails but then I hardly ever wear open toed shoes.
    That picture :yuck:
    Ew toe nail extensions. I've painted my natural toe nails in a French Manicure way before. Looks pretty.
    my toenails are painted black!.
    Im going for that *just dropped a brick on them* look.
    i like french manicures on toes but a lot of fashion mags advise against.
    luckily, my huosemate has her own nail business and i get it all for free!
    I always paint my toe nails but really don't agree with the fake toanails, looks rubbish.
    I do french manicures on my toes, purely because I like my hands to mach my toes. But now it's summer, and I don't have to have non varnished short nails all the time, I keep wearing false ones, so my toes have been neglected really....
    my_name wrote:
    they look like dinosaur feet :sour:
    personally toenails just need to be kept trimmed and clean for me - i can't do anything fancy with them because they'd probably break from my ballet shoes
    I don't like seeing unpainted toe nails when wearing shoes that show your toes off! I really can't look at them!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I don't like seeing unpainted toe nails when wearing shoes that show your toes off! I really can't look at them!
    me neither :no:
    French manicured toenails are the wrongness. If there is enough extra nail to paint white, they big style need cutting :sour:
    kaffrin wrote:
    French manicured toenails are the wrongness. If there is enough extra nail to paint white, they big style need cutting :sour:
    lol u make it sound like i have overgrown toe nails!
    lol... those fucking french.. can't believe this shit came out of my country.. oh no wait, maybe I do believe it... fucking ugly...
    kaffrin wrote:

Now that I agree with :yes: Plus, wouldn't long nails just be a hazzard to your socks? And tbh, socks, for what they are, aren't that cheap :(
    kaffrin wrote:
    thats what i was thinking
    I've never given that much thought to my toenails before! Clean and cut short, it's good enough for me.
    I keep my toenails short. In the winter I normally paint them black and in the summer I paint them lilac/purple.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    How come? I understand if they ming or something, but surely if they are clean it's ok?
    I didn't even realise they do extentions for toe nails. Shows how much I know. I just paint my toe nails whatever colour suits if I'm wearing open toe shoes. Don't like them not painted. They just look bare to me if I don't paint them.
    How come? I understand if they ming or something, but surely if they are clean it's ok?
    I just don't think they look nice. In fact i think they look uuuurgly! I was sarnied between 2 girls at the bus stop with unpainted toe nals this evening! i really wanted to say something!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I just don't think they look nice. In fact i think they look uuuurgly! I was sarnied between 2 girls at the bus stop with unpainted toe nals this evening! i really wanted to say something!

:lol:

i find that really strange

You'd hate my feet. My toenails are clean, short and au natural and thats the way i like them :)

Actually, i find painted toenails quite ugly, but im not repulsed by them or anything, unless they are painted badly or shipping off and looking horrid :yuck:

eta: you non toenail painted haters- do you feel the same about non painted fingernails?
    whats the deal about not painting your toenails? They're no different to the nails on your hands.
    Obviously if you have a nail infection (like my aunt whos had thick yellow toenails for as long as i can remember and doesnt seem to notice) or the nails are all cracked and in a bad state then its a bit gross. My mum bought a nail buffing kit from america and i think trimmed, buffed nails look alot better than painted nails. They look healthier too.
    Plus painting them all the time can turn them yellow.
    I have my toe nails painted all the time. Usually Chanel Rouge Noir.
    In the summer though, I am partial to a french manicure. I always match my finger nails to my toe nails.

And for all you toe-painter-haters, how short do you cut your toenails!?!? If you can't see at least 1mm of nail tip, then you're definitely not cutting your nails right :chin: 1mm of nail tip is more than enough to paint a french manicure onto. :yes:

And for all you toe-painter-haters, how short do you cut your toenails!?!? If you can't see at least 1mm of nail tip, then you're definitely not cutting your nails right :chin: 1mm of nail tip is more than enough to paint a french manicure onto. :yes:
    :yes:

fimger nails dont bother me in the slightest.
    where i come from, there's an unwrittend rule that says girls with open toes have to paint their nails.
    A french pedicure just looks wrong to me. Almost as bad as no varnish on toe nails. Even a bit of clear varnish will do.

http://www.manucure-pro.com/ul-img/7/5/75283f6737e6100d0055ebec24af3153-full.jpg
    VinylVicky wrote:
    :yes:

fimger nails dont bother me in the slightest.
    where i come from, there's an unwrittend rule that says girls with open toes have to paint their nails.
    whats so offensive about unpainted toenails? But personally it would be a waste of time me spending loads of time/money making my toenails look pretty when they're going to be stuffed in pointe shoes and danced on. I have to keep them shorter than most people aswell which doesn't leave much room for anything fancy.
    Ballerina wrote:
    whats so offensive about unpainted toenails?
    they look mingin' to me
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    A french pedicure just looks wrong to me. Almost as bad as no varnish on toe nails. Even a bit of clear varnish will do.

http://www.manucure-pro.com/ul-img/7/5/75283f6737e6100d0055ebec24af3153-full.jpg
    they do look a bit wrong but only because the nails arent cut straight

and the big toes are weird shape....but thats not her fault so i shall let her off!
    And for all you toe-painter-haters, how short do you cut your toenails!?!?

To the quick, which probably is a little too short, but it's cause I've got an irrational hatred of long toenails.

I also have an irrational hatred of painted toenails though, unless it's clear stuff or natural pinks. I'm also a clean, short and natural type. And other than my big toe, my toenails are all so tiny it's pretty hard to paint them without them looking ridiculous, so even if I wanted them painted, I'd have a right job doing it. Life's too short.