Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tesco Clearing House

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hey

As im gonna be travelling to uni im planning on getting a transfer with tesco through clearing. I just wondered if anyone has done this previously and whether it actually paid off for them. See i just have my doubts and think well perhaps i should get a job there and then i have flexibility during the hols instead of being tied to going home and workin at my home store.

WHat you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you what?!
    i did a similar thing with sainsbury's. Unfortunately, despite working for them full time for the five years prior to going to uni my managers had an unwritten rule that students are no better than the dirt on your shoe, and that applied to me too - got all the shit shifts when home, no days off if i wanted them, no shifts if the hours were cut, and bucketfuls of snottyness from the manager.My uni store were great but my original store turned into bastards. That was just my experience of course - it might be completely different for you.

You can always try it and see if it suits you, you don't have to stick with it if you don't think it does.
    you what?!

tesco clearing house allows you to keep your part time job when u go uni by transferring between the 2 stores that are local to you.
    By 'travelling to uni', do you mean you'll be commuting from home to uni every day? Cos then I don't see what the point would be.

If you're actually moving to uni, then I know plenty of people that have done it (well, a few), not with Tesco but with other stores. I wanted to do it last year, but there were no stores, and this year but there were no vacancies.

I don't think there's any reason not to do it, to be honest. Even if you don't intend on staying there, you've got a guaranteed job when you start, which can't be a bad thing.

I don't understand what you mean by being tied to going home over holidays? Everyone I know that's done owt like this, they've the option to transfer stores over holidays or stay at the uni store.