Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pregnant?

I'm a few days late. I'm on the implant and my periods have only just started regulating again. I checked my diary and the last few periods were within 3 weeks of each other to the hour......do you think I should take a test?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cant harm to take a test
    wish me luck....I just text my bf to let him know it was late.....shitting it now.....gonna go asda, do the food shop and pick up a test as well.
    Personally I'd wait a bit longer before doing a test, but it won't hurt to do one now.

Good luck with whatever result you're after!
    Good luck. First responce picked it up earlier for me.
    Zella wrote:
    I'm a few days late. I'm on the implant and my periods have only just started regulating again. I checked my diary and the last few periods were within 3 weeks of each other to the hour......do you think I should take a test?
    is it a good thing that you might be or not?
    get a test done... it will put your mind at ease one way or another.
    Well clear blue says I'm not and it said on the box it can tell up to 4 days early....

If I had been it wouldnt have been planned but it would have been a happy accident, cos its all about wanted babies cos although i'm pro choice I couldnt go down that road myself.
    if youre a few days late the clearblue would have definitely picked it up if there was something there by now.
    if youre a few days late the clearblue would have definitely picked it up if there was something there by now.

It didn't with me when i was 5 & 1/2 weeks gone. I guess some do some don't.
    I dont know if I'm panicing over nothing but, I'm dizzy, I'm tired, if I stand up for to long I feel like I'm going to fall over, I feel sick all the time, the smell of new shoes makes me want to hurl (I usually love that smell), my boobs hurt, and I've put on a bit of weight. I've just had my period tho which is what is confusing me...it wasnt as heavy as normal tho, still lasted 4 days but the first day was normal but the last 3 were a bit random. Clear blue said I wasnt pregnant, but I had sex on thursday and came on on friday and I know its possible to conceive on your period. My house mate is picking me up a test from her work (she's a nurse so it should be better than clear blue). Some one please tell me that the above symptoms have3 nothing to do with pregnacy and I just have a ingrown toe nail or something
    Zella wrote:
    Some one please tell me that the above symptoms have3 nothing to do with pregnacy and I just have a ingrown toe nail or something

You just have an ingrown toe nail :thumb:

Seriously: although they all do sound a bit scary when you put them together, you've had one negative test, and if you're panicking it just going to make things worse. Think to yourself calmly - have you been nitpicking to find these symptoms? Take another test later like you said, but try to stay calm til then, you're doing yourself no favours.
    Nope no nit picking, I've been feeling more tired alot and my bf has been complaining about it since its too much effort for me to even stay awake during a film. I when into town to try and find some boots to go with my new dresses and every shoe shop i went into I had to leave sharpish cos I was gonna puke on them. I types in my symptoms to google and it gave me a load of pregnancy page. I am calm, i'm not running around like a headless chicken or anything cos if I even tried to stand up atm I would have to sit down again cos of the dizzyness. Its just playing on the back of my mind like an itch I cant quite reach. If I'm not pregnant I need to find out whats causeing me to feel like this.
    take another test. I've felt like that before, i was just run down and stressed. It drains you and makes you feel sick alot.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Zella wrote:
    Nope no nit picking, I've been feeling more tired alot and my bf has been complaining about it since its too much effort for me to even stay awake during a film. I when into town to try and find some boots to go with my new dresses and every shoe shop i went into I had to leave sharpish cos I was gonna puke on them. I types in my symptoms to google and it gave me a load of pregnancy page. I am calm, i'm not running around like a headless chicken or anything cos if I even tried to stand up atm I would have to sit down again cos of the dizzyness. Its just playing on the back of my mind like an itch I cant quite reach. If I'm not pregnant I need to find out whats causeing me to feel like this.

If you're not pregnant then you should go to the docs and find out why you are so dizzy all the time.

They could all be symptoms of the heat though (not the sore boobs, mind but the dizzyness and tiredness ... ) However, you shouldn't be that dizzy each time you stand up.
    You are not your normal self, see a doctor.

They will tell you if you are pregnant or try and find out what else is wrong with you. Diziness is not healthy.
    go see a doctor. they will give you another test, which is much more accurate than an over-the-counter test. then if that comes back negative, the doc will be able to look into what else might be causing it.
    lipsy wrote:
    go see a doctor. they will give you another test, which is much more accurate than an over-the-counter test. then if that comes back negative, the doc will be able to look into what else might be causing it.
    actually no. most over the counter tests are more sensitive than doctors tests these days.
    actually no. most over the counter tests are more sensitive than doctors tests these days.
    well actually my doctor told me yesterday that the test a doctor will do is more accurate because at the lab (where they send the urine sample to) they can detect much lower levels of hormones than an over the counter test can.
    ok :), i have heard otherwise though, and a sensitive home pregnancy test will detect as little as 20 mIU of HCG, thats why they can detect up to 4 days before period is due. no urine test that a doctor could do would detect much less than that, although if she went for a blood test obviously they could probably see more.

In a healthy pregnancy, the hormone levels double every 2 days, so even if she got a negative a few days ago, if she IS pregnant, then its worth doing a test again.
    Let us know how you get on. You could have a virus thats going around.
    Yup, when I went to the doctors after getting a positive test she didnt even bother re-testing me, they're that accurate.
    I didn't think you could get false positives. False negatives maybe, but not opposite. Or is it the opposite, I don't know. But I don't konw much about all that. THis was a pointless post.
    my_name wrote:
    I didn't think you could get false positives. False negatives maybe, but not opposite. Or is it the opposite, I don't know. But I don't konw much about all that. THis was a pointless post.
    youve lost me...
    Glittery wrote:
    Yup, when I went to the doctors after getting a positive test she didnt even bother re-testing me, they're that accurate.
    thats because you can't get a false positive.
    Tweety wrote:
    Let us know how you get on. You could have a virus thats going around.
    whats that? and how long does it last for? i hope thats what i've got :s
    lipsy wrote:
    thats because you can't get a false positive.
    I had one a few years ago.
    Zella wrote:
    youve lost me...

I lost myself, so feel free to ignore ;)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    the doctor told me you couldnt get a positive test if you werent pregnant, but saying that, she told me i must be pregnant, did an internal, told me i was 6 weeks, and then made me do a sample...:confused: how perculiar.

this is the doctor though that looked up everything that was wrong with me when i went...best to be safe than sorry i suppose!
    Glittery wrote:
    I had one a few years ago.
    you can get a chemical pregnancy which means you concieve, you start producing hormones but have an extremely early miscarriage.
    You dont produce pregnancy hormones unless there is a pregnancy though.
    lipsy wrote:
    whats that? and how long does it last for? i hope thats what i've got :s
    Theres quite a few different ones going through but i was told i have one after feeling tired, dizzy(this has been going on for weeks) upset tummy the lot.
    Obviously you should see your own doctor though as some things have similar symptoms but aren't the same if you kwim.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Tweety wrote:
    Theres quite a few different ones going through but i was told i have one after feeling tired, dizzy(this has been going on for weeks) upset tummy the lot.
    Obviously you should see your own doctor though as some things have similar symptoms but aren't the same if you kwim.
    thats been going around work actually...must be something in the water, you bristolians making us all sick up here! :p