Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cauterization

Does this actually work or not? I'm really thinking about getting it done because for the last three years, my nose bleeds alot. This morning when I woke up, I went to blow my nose and when I did, all I got was blood.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes it does. Though you have to be very very careful for the next 24-48 hours after its done. I had it done three times. I got bloody noses all the time, even when I sneezed :\

The reason one had to be done twice in one side is that I had to mow the lawn the day I got one done. You have to be very careful after it. Definatly do not blow your nose. Keep away from things that make you sneeze and no physical activity, that makes your blood flow and obviously thats not all good.

I had it done a few years ago, actually its been about 5 or 6 years not, I got bloody noses over everything. They would bleed in the night for no reason.

Had it done, problem is gone. I'll get them very occasionally now, as most people do, when things are too dry. I've had probalby one in the last year. Its extremly painless, quick and very easy. I'd reccomend it in a second. Its a lifesaver tbh.
  • Options
    Is it painful or not?
  • Options
    They stick like a stick real far up your nose so they can get get a good view, its uncomfortable, but its not painful in the least bit. Its about as bad as when they stick that magnafiying light up your nose to check your sinuses at a check up. Easy as pie.
  • Options
    they usuallly push a piece of cotton wool soaked in a numbing agent, right up your nose. its uncomfortable, and you can taste it, but thats about it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I had done when I was little, but I don't know what for, it certainly wasn't because my nose bled a lot. Something to do with my breathing i think and having my adinoids out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Does this actually work or not? I'm really thinking about getting it done because for the last three years, my nose bleeds alot. This morning when I woke up, I went to blow my nose and when I did, all I got was blood.
    Yes it does. I had mine done in 2003 and I have like like two serious nosebleeds since then which is great as i was getting 2-3 serious ones a day. it feels a bit uncomfortable after you get it done though, cos the inside of your nose has got to heal and it feels like there is a big bogey in there for like two weeks but apart from that it's fine.
  • Options
    they usuallly push a piece of cotton wool soaked in a numbing agent, right up your nose. its uncomfortable, and you can taste it, but thats about it.

Thats weird. How long ago did you have it done? I'd never heard of them doing that.
  • Options
    about 2 yrs ago.
  • Options
    Oops, don't mind me, I was thinking something totally different, I know what your talking about :o