Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stephen Lawrence murder: there might be hope yet

An investigation is being launched over claims that police corruption helped shield the killers of black teenager Stephen Lawrence from conviction.
A BBC investigation alleges that the murder inquiry's Det Sgt John Davidson was paid by drug smuggler Clifford Norris, father of suspect David Norris.

'The Boys Who Killed Stephen Lawrence' will be shown on Wednesday on BBC One at 2100 BST.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5214644.stm

One can only hope one day those evil cunts from hell will finally pay for their hineous crime.

Sadly I'm out and about tonight but I'll record the BBC programme and watch it tomorrow. Though it is going to anger me no end, I suspect.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its fairly plain to all that those five did it, but there is a big difference between that and actually getting a conviction.

With so much evidence either let to disapear or missing I dont think there is enough proof to actually convict.
    One unsolvable problem was the double jeopardy rule. But I think that was removed last year. I could be wrong though...
    Aladdin wrote:
    One unsolvable problem was the double jeopardy rule. But I think that was removed last year. I could be wrong though...

It was, and I'm not sure I like it. The police need to know that if they fuck up then thats the chance they get.

I think there needs to be some 'extordinary' new evidence or something like that for them to be tried again.
    Everyone at least where i come from knows they did it - its common knowledge and bloody crap that they are all walking around scott free
    Stephen Lawrence's parents are obviously very good, decent people. All I can say is that if five white supremacist cunts had murdered my son and yet escaped justcie the way that lot did, I would have taken care of them myself a long time ago.
    I believe this news is just a flash in the pan bit of news. Nothing will come of this.
    Infact, I would not be surprised if the corrupt detective woke up dead one of these mornings!!
    But do you honestly believe that with all the time that has passed, with all the money that has been spent on the case, with all the evidence that has been pored over, with all the people who have moved on since the murder, with all things that have happened since, that if the killers are brought to justice (which I highly doubt they will be), anything will change? I really don't think so.
    What do you mean, 'anything will change'?

Yes, a few things will. For starters a bunch of white supremacist murderer scumbags will finally be made to pay for their crime.

And the family of Stephen Lawrence will have some closure and relief that their son's killers are behind bars.

That's all the reason we need. Not that justice has an expiration date anyway.
    This is the thing - its not like its an unsolved murder - everyone knows who did it but it just so happens that the people that did it happen to be the children of some not very nice but rich people who could afford to hire better lawyers than the Lawrence's at the initial trial.
    Wee cunts. :mad:
    I don't agree with the abolition of double jeopardy, and I don't believe the police cocked up because of racism or corruption.

And I hope to God the BBC can't prove what they say, because hopefully the lawsuit will bankrupt the proven liars at Auntie.

I also don't class Mrs Lawrence as a "decent" person- I think she is a bigot and a racist, but because her son died her offensive and bilious views are treated as sacrosanct.
    Kermit wrote:
    I also don't class Mrs Lawrence as a "decent" person- I think she is a bigot and a racist, but because her son died her offensive and bilious views are treated as sacrosanct.

How is she a racist? I don't really know that much about the case other than it's a racist murder and nobody has been brought to justice.

Going off topic doing a bit of research on racist murders I understand the BNP have been exploiting the murders of Kriss Donald and Gavin Hopley. I have to admit before looking around on the internet I had never heard of these two. Kinda undermines Ian Blair's point about media coverage.
    I think her rantings about the police, and society in general, is basically along the lines that those men only did that because they were white. No other reason, they were white therefore they were murdering scum who lie for other murdering scum.

I have a very low opinion of Lawrence.
    Kermit wrote:
    I also don't class Mrs Lawrence as a "decent" person- I think she is a bigot and a racist,

How come, what does/has she said/done?

ETA: SO strange- the above two posts weren't there before. Time travel or delayed 'post' button pressing...
    Interesting documentary. Think it's pretty conclusive who done it, though I don't think groups of policemen got into a room and deliberately devised a plan to disrupt this case. Think it was just a case of bad policing.

Yeh Mrs Lawrence is a bit of a silly twat but that's how anyone would act if their son got stabbed to death.
    Kermit wrote:
    I think her rantings about the police, and society in general, is basically along the lines that those men only did that because they were white. No other reason, they were white therefore they were murdering scum who lie for other murdering scum.

I have a very low opinion of Lawrence.
    I don't think she's suggesting all white people are potential (or actual) racists. If she is I'd be the first to condemn her.

I can't blame her for being resentful of the police, the justice system and society at large given what has happened though. In a way the miscarriages of justice, police apathy, prejudice and instituionalised racism that failed to convict the killers of her son have probably hurt her more than the murder itself.
    was a mural about this in the district for years

scum
    Kermit wrote:
    And I hope to God the BBC can't prove what they say, because hopefully the lawsuit will bankrupt the proven liars at Auntie.

Finally, someone else who believes that the BBC is full of lies.
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't agree with the abolition of double jeopardy, and I don't believe the police cocked up because of racism or corruption.

So why did they cock it up? Just because they were stupid?
    No. The police never cocks up. There is no such thing as racism, corruption or prejudice amongst coppers. And the BBC are an evil organisation that makes things up and should be broken down and sold.

And Stephen Lawrence was asking for it as well, presumably.
    Aladdin wrote:
    No. The police never cocks up. There is no such thing as racism, corruption or prejudice amongst coppers. And the BBC are an evil organisation that makes things up and should be broken down and sold.

And Stephen Lawrence was asking for it as well, presumably.

That's not really how I read Kermits posts.
    Other than the last sentence, I have to say I do read it like that.
    Kermit can you source any of those quotes from Doreen Lawrence?
    Blagsta wrote:
    Kermit can you source any of those quotes from Doreen Lawrence?

I've got one.
    Day 42. Page 8089. Doreen Lawrence.

"No black person can ever trust the police. This idea is not preconceived. It is based on experience and people that I know who have had bad experiences with the police."

http://www.archive.official-documents.co.uk/document/cm42/4262/sli-04.htm
    So, should she not think/say that? Yes, there may be individual police who a black person could trust but, overall, as a whole, and in general... surely that's just the truth?
    katralla wrote:
    So, should she not think/say that? Yes, there may be individual police who a black person could trust but, overall, as a whole, and in general... surely that's just the truth?

:confused:
    turlough wrote:

How's that racist? Its borne out of experience. Most of my black mates are wary of the police, especially the ones who remember the sus laws.
    Blagsta wrote:
    How's that racist? Its borne out of experience. Most of my black mates are wary of the police, especially the ones who remember the sus laws.

How's it not racist? If some white person said "No white person in the UK should trust the Muslim Council of the UK" I garauntee you'd be up-in-arms about racism. It is a racist comment, it's asking one whole race not to trust the police because a few white cops were corrupt and racist.
    \
    turlough wrote:
    How's it not racist? If some white person said "No white person in the UK should trust the Muslim Council of the UK" I garauntee you'd be up-in-arms about racism. It is a racist comment, it's asking one whole race not to trust the police because a few white cops were corrupt and racist.

You've totally lost me.

btw do you know what the sus laws were?