Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you have grandparents?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kaffrin wrote:
    I had a great-grandma (dad's mum's mum) til I was 3 too :D
    Abbie has 3 great grandads and a great granny which I think is quite cool :)
    nope mine are all dead.

grandparents on my mums side both died before i was born - and ones on my dads' side both died when i was about 8. so dont really remember 'much' about them!
    Glittery wrote:
    Abbie has 3 great grandads

How?:confused: Or does one of you have a dad & a stepdad?
    Just think , in a few years time with all these teen pregnacies there are Grandparents will only 30 when the babies 16 so it will most prob have great grandparents and great greatgrand parents still alive too !
    Just think , in a few years time with all these teen pregnacies there are Grandparents will only 30 when the babies 16 so it will most prob have great grandparents and great greatgrand parents still alive too !

That is a really scary though!:eek:
    Sofie wrote:
    How?:confused: Or does one of you have a dad & a stepdad?
    Well I've got one Grandparent left and Mr Glittery has 3.
    My grandparents from mother's side are still alive. Father's parents passed away. My wife's parents are the same age as my living grandparents because she's the youngest in her family and I'm the eldest in mine.
    I have 3 which I speak to, but I refuse to talk to my Dad's Mum, I do not call her the 'grandmother', 'nan' or anything else like that, it's just usually 'Dad's Mum' or 'Di'. Cos of family problems, how she brang up my Dad and his brothers, how she treated myself and my brother when we were growing up etc, a bitter relationship tbh.

The other half has 1 left, she's lovely though.
    Yeah i got three granmas and 1 grandad (mum got married to someone else)
    i lost both my nanna and grandma (my paternal ones) recently but i still have my 2 paternal grandads left as well as 2 step-grandmas and 1 step-grandad. but i never see them.
    At one point I had a full set including Great Grandparents.

My Gran on my mums side is so sweet, if not a bit senile, but shes been like that for years (She isnt actually senile) just a bit dotty but we're really close, I was named after her and my Grandads still alive, they had their Golden wedding anniversairy last year but hes so quiet so dosent say much to anybody.

On my dads side I get on really well with my Gran, she acts about 16 rather than 60 odd and shes re married to a man called Dave and hes pretty alright. My Dads dad though is a weird one, he left my gran when she had my Auntie and went back to New Zealand, then came back about 5 years ago cuz he left his wife over their for my Grans sister (My great Auntie) but we dont talk to him cuz hes a proper con and dosent like that my Great Gran didnt leave him any money but left us some.
    Nope, none.
    My mums parents are still alive, as are my dads (unfortunately).
    My mums parents died about 10 years before I was born so I never knew them, from what I've been told I dont think I wanted to either. My Dads dad hasnt been seen for about the last 40 years so hes proabbaly dead by now, so I only have my dads mum left, but I have a couple of great-aunts on my mums side who are sort-of like grannies, and my great-uncle on my dads side a couple of years ago who was the nearest thing I had to a grandad
    Nope none.
    My mum's dad died long before I was born. Later, grandma married a Ukranian man called Peter, but he died just last year.
    on my Dad's side my Grandma is still alive, but my Grandad died in 2002 (just a month after I graduated from University). The funeral was on a scorching hot day at Wakefield crematorium and people were standing in the aisles, so many had come to pay their respects.
    One of my grandpas died the year before I was born... the other died when I was 8. My Grandma and Nanna are both still alive. :)