Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drugs on holiday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Haven't done the tourist hotspots for the last 7 years, prefering to head to the dam for a few weekends a year instead.

Just looking for a late deal next month for me and the g/f to somewhere like the Greek Isles, the balearics or similar. Anyone been yet this year and knows what the availability of recreational drugs is like?

Any tips welcomed, thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just back from Santa ponza.

Hash and charlie were everywhere, you could also get pills quite easily, just ask around and be careful.
    i was in amsterdam last week but took my own weed with me.
    Seek and ye shall find.

Have to be careful in holiday resorts, dodgy dealers everywhere.
    In places like Spain then there wont be much of a problem, but remember you will be dealing with street dealers you dont know, and who dont ever rely on repeat trade.

Also, Police in other parts of the world are far more likely to give you a kicking than the ones here.
    why o why...
    cos the weed i had in my pocket is some of the best i've had in a long time and i don't like paying ten pounds a gram for the stuff.
    i did buy a little resin whilst there.
    thanks for the tips everyone. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Just back from Zante and spoke to people over there its difficult to get anything. Noone risks it.

I was speakin to someone who worked in a bar and they said that they could get pills but 10 euros each! I dont touch them much here but wouldnt risk stuff abroad
    Just back from Zante and spoke to people over there its difficult to get anything. Noone risks it.

I was speakin to someone who worked in a bar and they said that they could get pills but 10 euros each! I dont touch them much here but wouldnt risk stuff abroad

Looks like Greece is following the Cyprus route of "zero tolerance"

I'm really glad I asked now because Greece was looking favourite. Last time I was in Kavos (1999) you could buy off the PR guys and girls.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    noddy wrote:
    Looks like Greece is following the Cyprus route of "zero tolerance"

:yes: for the lowdown on drugs on holiday have a look at this article.
    excellent article. very informative
    Yea 10 euros was the going rate when i got offered pills in santa ponza, too dear when i get them at home for £2.50 or free.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Wherever you go, if you plan on engaging in this kind of activity then it pays to do your research on that country's drug laws - find out what the penalties are, what your rights are, and if you want to be totally prepared, the number of a legal advice service that helps English speakers...
    its because a lot of the buildings are painted white
    So does anyone have an explanation for this?

What's to explain, they may have a reputation for all being rasta ganja smokers, but on paper at least their laws are quite tough.
    Ive gotta say, its pretty sad that you cant even go on holiday for a week or two and not manage to do without 'recreational' drugs, dont you think?
    Especially with your girlfriend.

It kind of makes a mockery of 'recreational' doesnt it. Sounds more like you cant do without it.

Back on topic, Spain is pretty much the only place you'll be able to reliably score, i get offered shit all the time over here in ibiza but then everyone knows that...

Greece is a different kettle of fish altogher, the laws are very strict, i beleive you can also be charged with being under the influence of drugs.

Im not trying to sound condacending. But you mention that you only ever go to amsterdam, and now want to go somewhere a bit further a field, but cannot go a week or so without pills etc?!

Id suggest seeing someone about your clear problem there rather than wasting your money on a holiday
    last time I was in Ibiza there were alot of English people out there for the season who used to come round our appartments every other day, knocking on doors asking us if we wanted anything- was very handy!:cool:
    I met some English man in Ibiza called 'Pete'. He would be sitting outside the same restaurant down at the beach in San Antonio everyday with his wife. He even drove us to the Ibiza old town once to get some decent charlie of the native gypsies. We weren't allowed to get out of the car though!