Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

got woken up by builders at 8 this morning!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I live in a semi and my room is at the end of the house where it joins the next one. Now as usual, my neighbours are having pointless DIY done so i got woken up by builders banging on the scaffolding right next to my window at 8 this morning!
All they've done since they've moved in is do DIY, and they've lived there about 5 years. Why didn't they just buy a brand new house? They also copy whatever we do to our garden....my dad builds a water feature - they try to do one, my dad makes an archway over the gate with the hedge - they do the same, my dad gets a BBQ and one of those tall gas heaters, they get the same. God my neighbours are annoying. I believe now they're having another set of stairs put in :rolleyes:
Grrr, anyone else woken up in a bad mood today? :mad:

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Ballerina wrote:
    I live in a semi and my room is at the end of the house where it joins the next one. Now as usual, my neighbours are having pointless DIY done so i got woken up by builders banging on the scaffolding right next to my window at 8 this morning!
    All they've done since they've moved in is do DIY, and they've lived there about 5 years. Why didn't they just buy a brand new house? They also copy whatever we do to our garden....my dad builds a water feature - they try to do one, my dad makes an archway over the gate with the hedge - they do the same, my dad gets a BBQ and one of those tall gas heaters, they get the same. God my neighbours are annoying. I believe now they're having another set of stairs put in :rolleyes:

8am?!? That's late :p

I have been up since 6.30 :D
  • Options
    8am isn't really that early.

Zero sympathy here.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    8am isn't really that early.

Zero sympathy here.

Ditto.

We live opposite a hotel that has been undergoing major works since the beginning of the year and we're woken up at 7am Mon - Fri and 8am Sat/Sun. Just about used to it now.
  • Options
    it is early when i didn't get to sleep till the early hours cause of the heat - we're supposed to be having a storm anytime soon so i dunno why they're doing it
  • Options
    i got woke up at 7am by my alarm clock. not happy.

i didnt get to sleep till after 1am because of the heat.

deal with it. 8am is a lie in.

and why is it pointless DIY when they want to make their house better? 5 years isnt that long to live in a house!!! its not just a case of "oh im bored, lets move" it doesnt always work like that.

tut tut.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    it is early when i didn't get to sleep till the early hours cause of the heat - we're supposed to be having a storm anytime soon so i dunno why they're doing it

I'm sorry mate, we'll just stop everything in the world, and make it run totally for your benefit.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

They probably want to get as much done before the storm hits.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    and why is it pointless DIY when they want to make their house better? 5 years isnt that long to live in a house!!! its not just a case of "oh im bored, lets move" it doesnt always work like that.

Also, they may enjoy doing DIY. I have heard that these people exist. I wish they existed in my house :(
  • Options
    Also, they may enjoy doing DIY. I have heard that these people exist. I wish they existed in my house :(

DIY is great fun!!! what is there not to like about it? maybe its a male thing, but theres something satisfying about starting something and seeing it all the way through to the finished result.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    DIY is great fun!!! what is there not to like about it? maybe its a male thing, but theres something satisfying about starting something and seeing it all the way through to the finished result.

I like that and get that satisfaction out of cooking or making a pair of curtains etc.

However, I don't get it from putting a shelf up, decorating a room etc.
  • Options
    jesus i was just wanting a bit of a rant - its just for the amount of stuff they've been doing, they may aswell have just got a more up to date place. They moved in because the old couple that lived there before was one of their parents, think it was the womans. They went into an old peoples home. Don't know why because we knew them well and they were perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. And they only moved from just up the street. Always baffled me a bit. Ah well, at least the babys grown up now so no more crying! :)
  • Options
    haha, he seems to be DIY obeseed. I mean its not just a every now and then thing. It's most weeks. We ought to get him to finish our dining room that my dad started and will never finish seeing as he's moving out to live with his girlfriend.
  • Options
    8am is late for builders. When we were having our extension done, they would arrive at 7.
  • Options
    I always waken up in a bad mood, todays bad mood is because I must've slept for the grand total of about an hour all night because of the heat and my back is sore.

Abbie didnt get up until 8.30am though which is nice, she didnt go to bed until 11pm though, again cos of the heat which wasnt so nice.

And now there is a fucking spider on my ceiling :grump:
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    I always waken up in a bad mood, todays bad mood is because I must've slept for the grand total of about an hour all night because of the heat and my back is sore.

Abbie didnt get up until 8.30am though which is nice, she didnt go to bed until 11pm though, again cos of the heat which wasnt so nice.

And now there is a fucking spider on my ceiling :grump:
    my little cousin is nearly 5 and she hardly sleeps. She gets up at 6 each morning and probably doesn't go to sleep till 10/11 each night.
    She's a right short tempered madam aswell - just the other week she had a tantrum because her sandwiches were cut the wrong way. So she got put in the porch and threw one of her dads boots through the glass pane in the door. Shes also bought her bedroom door off its hinges cause she was banging it during a tantrum. She's a danger to herself!! It probably cause she doesn't get alot of sleep. She's never had a routine....not good.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

omg that's terrible.

i was at work at 8.
  • Options
    8am?!? That's late :p

I have been up since 6.30 :D

are you joking? :eek:
  • Options
    Ditto.

We live opposite a hotel that has been undergoing major works since the beginning of the year and we're woken up at 7am Mon - Fri and 8am Sat/Sun. Just about used to it now.
    It's against the law to make building work noise at that time of the morning! I believe you are allowed to between the hours of 8am and 8pm
  • Options
    How can builders be doing DIY? its either one or the other, unless your neighbours are professional builders themselves.

I work nights so i would kick a fuss about being woken anytime before 12, but im a heavy sleepers, i may just get woken out up if my bedroom was being bouldozed
  • Options
    are you joking? :eek:

Nope.

The boy goes to work at 7.30 so I get up at the same time as he does and make the most of the day. I'd say that would be about an average time to get up for work etc.
  • Options
    I was up at 6. At 8am I'd been at work for an hour already. 8am is a nice lie in. Besides, they probably want to work before it gets too hot.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    It's against the law to make building work noise at that time of the morning! I believe you are allowed to between the hours of 8am and 8pm
    oh i didn't know that! well i'm making the most of lie ins before i go back to getting up at 6.30 for school
    or for work if i get given that job
  • Options
    I was up at five, I beat you all :D

There was a time when I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but sleeping til 8am is like heaven.

It's all down to your own perspective though, what you're used to.
  • Options
    I got up at 12. :thumb:
  • Options
    I got up at half 9, in work for before 12. Boo. :(

And building at that time is early.

I'd give you more sympathy if your neighbour was hoovering at 8AM which was what my neighbour was doing yesterday. :grump:
  • Options
    Having had a whole week of early starts as in up at 6.30, in work by 8 I was happy having to get up at 8 for my other job the other day.

Although I can sympathise because I'm a lazy fucker usually but once you get used to it, it's fine.

Becky I can so sympathise with you. My grandparents neighbour is a night hawk and does all her cleaning at night - such antisocial hours like 2am. Grr! Thank God I don't stay there anymore.
  • Options
    Woke up at like 8, back to sleep, woke up again at half ten, had stuff to sort out in town, now stuck at work till 9.

Had to do an enquiry for a client to the Admiral call centre earlier, got some muppet with no idea what he was doing, sat on hold for about an hour and I got paid for every second.

"Sorry about the delay, sir, I will not be much longer!"
    "You just take your time, buddy boy."

Bit cream crackered though.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I got up at half 9, in work for before 12. Boo. :(

And building at that time is early.

I'd give you more sympathy if your neighbour was hoovering at 8AM which was what my neighbour was doing yesterday. :grump:
    not long after they moved in when the kids were alot younger i think they used to try and sneak downstairs after they were put to bed or something because at the same time each night they'd be going mental screaming and shouting at them to ''get back in that fucking bed now'' felt so sorry for the kids but now they're mouthy little shits aswell
    its eased off over the years luckily
  • Options
    Boo fucking hoo. I have no sympathy, I started work at 8am this morning. And its my summer vacation too.
  • Options
    Boo fucking hoo. I have no sympathy, I started work at 8am this morning. And its my summer vacation too.
    i wasnt after sympathy - just wanted a rant as no one likes being woken up by neighbours/building work whatever at any time. I don't think anyone even likes being woken up by their alarm clock but hey ho. I've been really irritable recently so little things are pissing me off more for some reason. I've calmed down now. I might even be moving in the next few years :D