Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you have grandparents?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My dad's mom died before I was born and so did my mom's dad. So I have a Grandma who I live with and a Grandpa who got married to this weird fat woman...my family doesn't talk to them anymore.

Are your grandparents still alive?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes from my dad they are from my mum they did, my grand-mother in 98 and my grand-dad few years before that... Even had 2 great-mother... On died at 02yo in 99 and the other few years back at 94yo...
    My mums dad died when she was 7, and her mum is still alive.
    My dads parents died about 10 and 8 years ago.
    I've still got two grandmothers.
    My dad's dad died in 1993 and my mam's dad died in 2001.
    Nope.

I only ever had one Grandparent who was alive whilst I grew up and he died 2 years ago :(
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My mum's parents are. My other grandma died when I was about 5 and the grandpa when I was 9.
    My dad's mam died 3 weeks before my mum was pregnant with me, mams parents are alive but ive never met them, so theres my Grandad (dad's dad.)
    nope all my grandparents are dead

had 3 when i was born and last one passed away about 8 years ago i think but i didn't like her very much
    I have a grandma whose alive and lives 100 metres from my home. I have another grandma who had a stroke and can't really talk anymore, and I have a grandad who is in Spain who I've never seen once. C'est la vie!
    :no:
    I've got two Grandparents left, both my nan's. My Mum's dad died of stomach cancer when i was about 7, and we lost my Dad's dad last year after a brain haemorage. I loved them loads and miss them. I'm very glad i got to know them both, my brother was only two when my Mum's dad died and doesn't remember him at all.
    My mum's parents are still alive and my dad's mum are still alive.
    I have 2 grandmas (one of which I haven't seen for years) and one grandad - maybe 2, but I don't know if my mum's biological dad is still alive.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    One, my dad's mum. Both on my mums side died, my dad's dad did too. :(

I miss them! It happens to us all one day, one way, or another. But we still feel grief.
    I have two grandma's. Both my grandpa's died before I was born.

My moms mom, I see her alot. She lives inbetween me and my parents so I visit every time I go home. She is very young at heart.

My dads mom, It was just her 87th birthday. I love her to bits. I very rarely see her. She's sick. She's very bad artrithus and had her second heart attack not too long ago. I wish I could see her more.
    ive got one nana left. she`ll be 86 in a couple of months.
    none

all dead
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have one grandma.

My grandparents on my dads side died before I remember them (my granddad before I was born, my grandma aged 18 months). My grandfather on my mum's side died last November.
    I have one gran left (Mum's Mum), my Grandad (Mum's Dad) died on easter saturday. I lost my Nana five years ago and my Dads Dad died when he was 13.
    My dad on my dads side died when my dad was 8... his mum is still alive but she is very ill and dosent even know who we are anymore...

My mums dad pretty much abandond the family after him and my nan got devorced and I have never met him... my nan on my mums side is still alive and well... I did have a step grandad, but he died about 5 years ago
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    One grandad died before I wa born, one is still alive. One gran died when I was 10 and the other this Christmas gone.
    Weekender Offender 
    Yep, my grandparents are alive on both sides of my family.
    Never knew my dad's side.

My Grandpa (we called him Granda) on my Mam's side I sort of remember getting me into trouble once, but he died when i was about 6.

My Granny I was really close to, died when I was 16.
    One left, my mum's mum.

At one point I had a full set, and great-grandparents, but alas time takes its toll.
    I've only got one left, my Dads dad.
    Only my dad's mum. She's 82 and as cool as they come :cool:

Mum's dad died when she was 16, and her mum 7 years ago. My dad's dad died just about 2 years ago.

I had a great-grandma (dad's mum's mum) til I was 3 too :D

It's a horrible fact of life though, when you get to a certain age, no matter how healthy your grandparents are, they just start to die. :/
    One Grandad died before i was born, one was i was 11, one Granny died there 2 months ago and one is still alive, she just turned 91.
    full set - but only just seeing as my nan had a lucky escape
    both my grandma's are alive, and one of my grandads, my dads dad died (he doesnt deserve the title grandad... anyways..) and my great grandma is still alive
    i am a grandad and now the oldest male in the family!
    that i believce makes me a patriarch.
    No all dead