Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What did you do for your 21st brithday?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tis mine a week today:yippe:

My mum asked me if i had anything planned, which i don't as i had arranged my friends hen night last week, my fiance is home tommorow for 6 weeks after being in bosnia with the army for 4 and a half months, and i am chief bridesmaid for my friends wedding on saturday so my mind had kind of been taken up by stuff and I hadnt thought much about my birthday.

I am so happy that my fiance will be here with me so that is going to really make my day as he wasnt originally going to be home until 5th august, 4 days later.

I figured we'd go on a night out the weekend after my birthday, but I wonder what to do on my birthday as it is a Tuesday.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Nothing... As I do every year...
  • Options
    I cant remember my 21st at all, so either it was rubbish, or really good.

If you havent seen him for that long then just a nice meal out where you can catch up sounds the best idea to me. But then I'm far too old now to be out dancing, not with my hip anyway.
  • Options
    I just dont want to be stuck at home all day, i HATEEEEEEEE sitting doing nothing esepcially on a birthday, because when i was little it was always exciting, either a party or a day out and always new toys to play with, new clothes arent as versatile as a hula hoop:no:
  • Options
    My 21st was on a Sunday so it was a night out with my friends on the Saturday night and then a family meal out on the Sunday.

Could you not maybe go out for the day with your fiance and son? 4 and a half months is a long time, spend some quality time together just the 3 of you :)
  • Options
    I'm having enough trouble trying to think up something to do for my 18th, which is in October, only my Mum keeps on asking what I have planned- today is the 5th time so far this week alone.
  • Options
    Nothing... As I do every year...

Aren't you a bundle of joy. :p
  • Options
    got pissed the day before my birthday, had a party on my birthday night, then went away for the weekend the day after that with my buddies, then went to USA and Canada for a holiday with a buddy of mine.

was a good birthday! i'll never forget it
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Went to Newquay for a weekend with few mates. Plenty of drink and drugs, ladies, water and sand.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Mine coincided with the end of uni and three friends birthdays. Cue two weeks of non-stop drinking, about 4 birthday parties/nights out, 2 proper meals, then another piss-up when I got home.
  • Options
    For mine, we all went to Hyde Park during the day for some beers and a kickabout, then went out in Covent Garden before going to Ministry of Sound, I remember it clearly because it was the year that Trance was MASSIVE, and ATB's 9pm till I come came out... After about an hour shuteye we all went to Farnborough for the day for the Airshow. We looked like ghosts...
  • Options
    tbh i didnt really do that much. my 18th was a week long bender but my 21st i think was just a quiet meal out with close family & gf then i probably had a normal night out with mates.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    For mine, we all went to Hyde Park during the day for some beers and a kickabout, then went out in Covent Garden before going to Ministry of Sound, I remember it clearly because it was the year that Trance was MASSIVE, and ATB's 9pm till I come came out... After about an hour shuteye we all went to Farnborough for the day for the Airshow. We looked like ghosts...

Sounds like a damn good birthday :thumb:

Mine isn't until the end of August, and though my party (a week earlier) is supposedly a "surprise" but I know all about it thanks to loose lips. A boat is being hired for three hours on the Tyne, a mate is going to DJ and we're going to get twatted (hopefully it won't be choppy :razz: ) and then when we get booted at 11 we're going to go clubbing at my favourite place. Judging from past experience we'll probably then end up holed up at the flat for the next three days doing everything that is bad for us. All my mates have been invited from all over the place... I canNOT wait. I predict some tears of joy and then utter wrecked-ness. My instructions to everyone for my birthday are NO presents and that they should spend all their money having an amazing time :thumb:

For my actual birthday I will be in Russia with my boyfriend and two of his mates :hyper:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    For my 21st I was in the middle of a hectic placement and on antibiotics for an infection. However, on the day we got takeout and went ice skating. At the weekend we went to pizza hut and then the pub. It was quite a nice week to be honest. No-one got bladdered and we just had a bit of fun.

Ice skating was the best though :D
  • Options
    Aren't you a bundle of joy. :p

I am indeed :)

All I need on my birthday is a present from my partner, cos well, it's an excuse to get one, otherwise I don't see the point in celebrating it...
  • Options
    got pissed.

went out twice, once dressed up in beachwear.
  • Options
    Was forced into having a family party by my mum. My then 2-month-old nephew stole the show, and my cousin near as bollocks amputated her finger on a smashed mirror. Fun times.

I didn't want to do anything cause I'd been unceremoniously dumped a couple of days before, but I was kind of glad my mum made me, in the end.
  • Options
    Went out for dinner with some lovely friends.
  • Options
    I got drunk with my boyfriend and his friends because I have no friends of my own.
  • Options
    umm i had loads of mates come to a bar, then when it closed we had a house party with copious illegal drugs and copious absinthe which resulted in far too much vomiting and memory blanks. I've never felt so rough in my entire life. Cue 'I'll never drink and/or take drugs again'.
    Until next weekend.