Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

West Wing Finishes...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What the hell am I going to do after this Friday?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Watch Big Brother :D

j/k
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What the hell am I going to do after this Friday?

Shame!!
    Awesome programme.
    Watch Big Brother :D

j/k

:D

Yeah, why not?

Swap an intelligent drama for dumbed down mornic shite watching a few people who I don't care about before they head into their new career which involves asking that most important question...

"Do you want fries with that...?"

I can't think of a single programme, on at the moment, with the same depth. Roll on Life on Mars 2
    Scrubs is on again...

Obviously different genre, but nevertheless...
    Always Deadwood, The Wire, The Shield, but none that have the same real sense of astonishing quality that the first 2 and last 2 seasons of The West Wing bring
    Yeah I like Scrubs, never really got into the others, 24 likewise...

Perhaps I might have to seriously consider getting friends and "going out". Whatever that is...?
    Jim V wrote:
    Always Deadwood, The Wire, The Shield, but none that have the same real sense of astonishing quality that the first 2 and last 2 seasons of The West Wing bring

I thought Season 5 of west wing was good too....

And MoK, 24 day 6 starts soon, so...
    I shall miss the West Wing, as Commander in Cheif is simply not as good.
    There is a new show on the way from Sorkin, with Josh from the West Wing (well the guy who plays him, not the character)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

Yeah, why not?

Swap an intelligent drama for dumbed down mornic shite watching a few people who I don't care about before they head into their new career which involves asking that most important question...

"Do you want fries with that...?"

I can't think of a single programme, on at the moment, with the same depth. Roll on Life on Mars 2

I know what you mean. All my favourite programmes have just finished. Not impressed.

When is Life of Mars starting again?
    Jim V wrote:
    There is a new show on the way from Sorkin, with Josh from the West Wing (well the guy who plays him, not the character)

i loved the west wing, watched the finale from downloads ages ago, very sad to miss it

though im also wondering how long stargate sg1, and atlantis is going to run

and i hope battlestar galactica lasts forever
    Come on man, be honest, the only reason to watch SG1 is because Farscape finished
    Jim V wrote:
    Come on man, be honest, the only reason to watch SG1 is because Farscape finished

:yes: :yes:

I miss so much Farscape...
    That was why I was so releaved they put Ben Browder and Claudia Black in SG1 - though it couldn't disguise the fact that it was a shit show... right off to rewatch Farscape Season 1, since I ain't sleeping in this heat
    Jim V wrote:
    That was why I was so releaved they put Ben Browder and Claudia Black in SG1 - though it couldn't disguise the fact that it was a shit show... right off to rewatch Farscape Season 1, since I ain't sleeping in this heat

Ditto, on of my mate is into the SG1 stuff and I really don't like it, I rather watch Farscape again than watch new ep of SG1/atlantis...

Season 1 is great, after from season 2 to 4 and the peacekeeper war it is just pure orgasm for the mind...
    "Kill them all, then we'll go for Pizza and Tequila shooters"

/apolgises for derailing thread
    The new show is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip by the way, though it got a fierce attack from some critics
    Jim V wrote:
    "Kill them all, then we'll go for Pizza and Tequila shooters"

/apolgises for derailing thread

:thumb:

Human. It's kinda like Sebacean, but we haven't conquered other worlds yet, so we just kick the crap out of each other.
    Jim V wrote:

Ben is in Stargate Atlantis which is my favourite of the two at the moment.

I've been watching SG 1 since it started, wouldn't call it shit.
    Each to their own i guess...

Eight about the Heat though!! I am off to watch Firewall in a sec..
    ben browder is in sg1 :P
    MrG wrote:
    ben browder is in sg1 :P
    of course he is!!!
    I am an idiot sometimes. Was thinking of shephard!!:confused::D
    to be honest a lot of the better sg1 episodes were 4th/5th seasons, though there have been a couple of gems recently, redemption part 2 in season 8, and threads in season 8, i thought were always good

been nice to see a few cool space battles (big ones at that) in the past couple of seasons too

i always thought the replicators were the daddy of all bad guys, wanted one as a pet

and as for atlantis, we all remember how tripe the earlier sg1 episodes were
    There is another thing...
    Having watched them for a long time, you kinda wanna know what happens next don't ya!!
    exactly
    Atlantis two parter where the city was taken over by the Genii and Shephard led a one man Rambo style charge against them was by the best of the episodes they did, though i must admit the idea of the Wraith arriving in our galaxy at the end of the battle with the Ori forces and then them having a huge barny is interesting!
    they should get the wraith over to our galaxy, get them to feed on the human ori followers, and them blow them up
    I think once the SG1 team finds the ancient weapon, it will be just in time to destroy the Ori and the Wreith, who in turn will be fighting amongst each other giving time to the humans to find a way to defeat them....
    Hmm
    I wish we got to meet the Firlings...just once.
    Oh dear. Farscape was only any good for the first series. THen it got ideas above it's station.

Stargate sucked even when it was a film.

I am reassured though guys, so thanks for that. I thought I was sad for mourning the loss of West Wing...
    Farscape was so lame in its first season i only watched it because of how little else there was on tv, then came bigger and much better stories in the second season onwards.