Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Met him on a train!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi! O.k, I new on here. I have a question for you peeps.

The other day I sat next to a really fit guy on the train. When he left he gave me a note. It was real cute, saying how he was going to start chatting to me, but wussed out. He gave me his email addy. I've been texting him and emailling him a bit and he seems really nice. There's not been anything flirty in the texts or emails really.

The issue I have is do I meet up with him? Coz in the end he is just a randomer. What does everyone think? It would be real awkward to meet him, given that I don't actually know him.

Comments

• Options
    How long have you been chatting wit him?
  • Options
    When im meeting someone for the first time i always feel that you need loads of confidence to make a situation less werid. Whe you meet him, chat about how the trip was like, talk about mates, music just anything that really interests you and him
  • Options
    aw thats so cute :)
    given the situation, i would say give meeting up a try!! thats what i would do :yes:

if youve been chatting for a while and he seems nice then give it a shot - he may be even nicer in person! and if not - all you have to do is give an excuse and leave!

i went on a 'blind date' a few months back (i had never seen or spoken to the guy) and i was extremely nervous that it would be awkward and we would have nothing to say to each other - but in the end it was fine!! just be yourself and everything should work out!
  • Options
    Anns wrote:
    Coz in the end he is just a randomer.

Everyone is just a randomer until you get to know them. The kid you sat next to on your first day of secondary school was just a randomer until she became your best friend. The guy living next door to you in university halls was just a randomer until you guys hooked up. The girl with the desk next to yours at your new job was just a randomer until you bonded over tales of your mean boss. Get to know him and see what happens! If you don't meet him you'll never know.
  • Options
    My god, this is so obviously a move. You don't believe him do you? Trust me, any guy who's confident enough to slip a girl a note saying that, is confident enough to talk to you. Sounds like a plan to me, to make you go "Awww, that's so sweet, I bet he's a really nice guy once you bring him out of his shell". Call me cynical if you will, but I reckon this guy knows exactly what he's doing.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Either that or I'm completely gullible and naive, which thinking about it is more than likely. I thought it was quite sweet, it would probably have worked on me :D
    Exactly, it was quite good wasn't it? I think she should go out with him just for showing a bit of initiative. And then take the piss out of him for being as subtle as the sexual metaphors in that Benny Benassi video.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    This guy isn't called Tim is he? Because one of my friends on Livejournal wrote an entry a couple of days ago saying he'd done that exact thing! Wussed out of talking to a cute girl he was sitting next to, but left an note - except he only left his number I think, and she hadn't called when I read his journal...
  • Options
    Sounds like a nice story.
  • Options
    Have only been texting him a couple of days. He did seem genuine - but that's what I was saying how do I actually know?!! It is all so cute, but just kinda scared about meeting a guy who I've never spoken to!
  • Options
    2 days isn't enough imo... text, email and phone call for at least 2 weeks would be best... after meet in a public place and let know someone where you go...
  • Options
    If he lives near you, even just see whether he's going out on the piss or something and text to meet up when you're both with your friends.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I would meet up. Definitely.

This is how friendships and / or relationships start out. You have to bite the bullet, give it a go and see what happens. If you don't click after meeting again, then forget about it. But if you do click then it could be the start of something nice.