Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

some questions for the galz on the board

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thats fair and true for both sides.
    how can you keep a girl entertained and interested?
    ive got some ideas but some more wouldnt hurt
    I got another question: would a guys interest (Ill use me as an example)
    affect his chances with a girl? ie reading manga, watching violent films watching anime.

Well again it depends, everyone is going to have a different opinion. Personally I love learning about new things so I would probably enjoy talking to him about why he enjoys watching those things.

You will find out how to keep the girl entertained and interested as you get to know her more. Through talking to her you'll find out what she likes. Its important that you have fun too though, she will have more fun spending time with you if you are enjoying yourself aswell.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    And how likely is a woman to talk to someone (other than her partner) about her sex life? I certainly wouldn't...
    Sorry sex life wasn't exactly what I meant, more sex in general, which often leads to you find out a bit about her sex life, where there's plenty of opportunity to flirt and have fun, and engage in some slightly risque conversations. It gives you the opportunity to show your sexual side, and as a result, make sure you don't end up in the friend zone.
  • Options
    Sorry sex life wasn't exactly what I meant, more sex in general, which often leads to you find out a bit about her sex life, where there's plenty of opportunity to flirt and have fun, and engage in some slightly risque conversations. It gives you the opportunity to show your sexual side, and as a result, make sure you don't end up in the friend zone.

Whats a good way to flirt? compliments?
    Any other ways I can avoid the friend zone?
    heres a really good question: Imwithstupid: you said in a previous post if you want a specific girl you have to make a move on her soon before you get caught in the friendship trap but if you do it too soon it can scare her of so when should you do it.
  • Options
    People that think about it the most, have the most problems.

There, theres some advice.
  • Options
    Heres a good question: If a girl says to you "oh my boyfriends treating me badly" you should give an hour long speech on how super she is and how hes just a prick. what should you do?
    No. You're already kissing her arse there, which is a big no-no. Let's take a look at this situation. You don't know her boyfriend very well. You don't know the situation very well and you're not involved. If you just say "Oh yeah, he sounds like a right cock" you're doing exactly what you shouldn't do - agreeing with her to make her happy. Incidentally, if you can see her boyfriends point of view and think she's the one in the wrong, call her on it. Girls like you to have your own opinion on things. In this situation, the best reaction would just be to be sympathetic, but don't let her dwell on it for long. Change the subject to something positive, or you'll quickly become the guy she goes to to moan about other guys. But then I wouldn't recommend becoming the type of guy who's trying to get into any girl who's having boyfriend troubles anyway. There's a word for that type of guy - a twat.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    If you laughed like a maniac during it then yes, it'd put me off.

I don't laugh manically when I read manga or when I watch anime but when a gory kill comes up I just either stay blank or have an evil smirk.....

Violent films I just go "whoa" or evil grin....
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    People that think about it the most, have the most problems.

There, theres some advice.

I love your wit!
  • Options
    No. You're already kissing her arse there, which is a big no-no. Let's take a look at this situation. You don't know her boyfriend very well. You don't know the situation very well and you're not involved. If you just say "Oh yeah, he sounds like a right cock" you're doing exactly what you shouldn't do - agreeing with her to make her happy. Incidentally, if you can see her boyfriends point of view and think she's the one in the wrong, call her on it. Girls like you to have your own opinion on things. In this situation, the best reaction would just be to be sympathetic, but don't let her dwell on it for long. Change the subject to something positive, or you'll quickly become the guy she goes to to moan about other guys. But then I wouldn't recommend becoming the type of guy who's trying to get into any girl who's having boyfriend troubles anyway. There's a word for that type of guy - a twat.

Just another example......
    If a girl was having relationship troubles though I would just let them sort it cause I dont want to be a third party. I would like to cheer her up but I wouldnt want to make them break up on purpose because thats just low! Its like a unwritten bloke code!
    besides I wouldnt want to be the easy answer yes man anyway
  • Options
    I love your wit!

Now theres a good start. Girls always love a good compliment :p
  • Options
    Whats a good way to flirt? compliments?
    That's the million dollar question isn't it? Listen, you're giving me a really bad reputation here. I'm sounding like a right casanova. I'd like to maintain my innocent persona for a bit longer. Keep compliments to a minimum, and I prefer to pick a piece of clothing or jewellery I like, if I'm gonna compliment anything. But I always make sure that I actually like whatever I'm complimenting. I'm not entirely sure, but I'd like to think that most girls can see a fake compliment a mile away, and it's usually a sign of someone who's only after one thing. As for flirting, you'll have to work out that one for yourself. Find out ways you can make her laugh. Tease her a bit. The other bit is initiating contact. You could be the funniest guy in the world, but if you've sat with your hands by your side every time your near her, you can't just suddenly go in for the kiss. Ask the girls on here for sure-fire signs that a guy's into them (touching the lower back, for example).
    heres a really good question: Imwithstupid: you said in a previous post if you want a specific girl you have to make a move on her soon before you get caught in the friendship trap but if you do it too soon it can scare her of so when should you do it.
    Did I? I dunno, it's not a case of the longer you hang out with a girl, the more likely you are to get into the friendship zone. It's more a case of knowing the opportunities when they come along and taking them. If you don't she will assume you're not interested, and move on.
  • Options
    see why I came on the board?
  • Options
    Lol. You know your in trouble when I can give you girl advice.
  • Options
    Listen, you're giving me a really bad reputation here. I'm sounding like a right casanova. I'd like to maintain my innocent persona for a bit longer.

I dunno if your joking or being serious but hey I've read some of your posts and they make a hell of alot of sense! I just get the idea you've been around the block a few times.....
  • Options
    How old are you pair?
  • Options
    ImWithStupid's 22
    Im 19
  • Options

You just need to get a bit of self confidence, all the thngs you have been asking about are things that you will learn as you go along...flirting and getting to know people are really fun. You're gonna end up taking all of the pleasure out of it (for you and her) if you're constantly thinking "Am I in the friend zone?" or "How can i make sure i dont come across too nice?"

Just be yourself and enjoy it, make yourself happy (that isnt a reference to masturbation) stop worrying so much about the girl and just think of yourself for a bit. People will be attracted to you much more if they can see you are enjoying life and having fun.
  • Options
    I dunno if your joking or being serious but hey I've read some of your posts and they make a hell of alot of sense! I just get the idea you've been around the block a few times.....
    Cheeky fuck, no I haven't. :p I'm just good at looking at people's behaviour and what seems to work. Mixture between my own personal experiences, and watching others, plus reading about what works for people on this website when meeting people. Load of people on here would've given the same advice, I just happened to be here at the moment.
  • Options
    You just need to get a bit of self confidence, all the thngs you have been asking about are things that you will learn as you go along...flirting and getting to know people are really fun. You're gonna end up taking all of the pleasure out of it (for you and her) if you're constantly thinking "Am I in the friend zone?" or "How can i make sure i dont come across too nice?"

Just be yourself and enjoy it, make yourself happy (that isnt a reference to masturbation) stop worrying so much about the girl and just think of yourself for a bit. People will be attracted to you much more if they can see you are enjoying life and having fun.

I could kiss you. I really could.
  • Options

Just be yourself and enjoy it, make yourself happy (that isnt a reference to masturbation) .
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I could kiss you. I really could.

Oooo i love kissing! :flirt: :flirt:
  • Options

That's the best advice you can get. I'm only saying all this stuff because you're making me think about it logically and figure out what works. There's nothing wrong with looking at what your doing in hindsight and seeing where your going wrong, but don't think about it when your actually doing it, just let it flow naturally. As always, the more you do it, the more confident you'll become and the more likely you are to be successful.
  • Options
    Oooo i love kissing! :flirt: :flirt:

That boys is how you flirt :p

But no really you summed up everything i wanted to say but couldn't be bothered to type.
  • Options
    I've been myself for a number of years and it aint worked for nothing....
    Its just all this bollocks about girls want the alpha male to breed with and they can smell fear....

its really offputting
  • Options
    Cheeky fuck, no I haven't. :p I'm just good at looking at people's behaviour and what seems to work. Mixture between my own personal experiences, and watching others, plus reading about what works for people on this website when meeting people. Load of people on here would've given the same advice, I just happened to be here at the moment.

I am a cheeky fuck arn't I? :naughty:
    I just like when people don't use fucking darwin and evolution to describe mating and dating. I read articles like that and just say fuck it and wind up more upset and pissed off than before I started to go out and research.
  • Options
    I am a cheeky fuck arn't I? :naughty:
    I just like when people don't use fucking darwin and evolution to describe mating and dating. I read articles like that and just say fuck it and wind up more upset and pissed off than before I started to go out and research.

Are you trying to flirt with I'm With Stupid?! :eek2:
  • Options
    no......
  • Options
    no......
    Oh come on, get a bit of practice in. :flirt:
  • Options
    were you trying to flirt with remotebleeper?
    if so please continue....
  • Options
    Oh come on, get a bit of practice in. :flirt:
    arn't you a bloke?
  • Options
    hey hows this for an intro for a girl

me : do you have a plaster?
    girl: why?
    me: I scraped my knee falling for you....

oh heres another one

girl wants to sit down,
    me: let me wipe down a place for you to sit.
    *wipe my mouth*