Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cloning My Game

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well im not sure if im allowed to post this but ill go ahead,

What i want to do is clone my Sims 2 family fun stuff CD and install it and able to play it.

Anyone know how? I've only got one DVD burner, so would i have to copy the whole cd including hidden files and then burn them :nervous:

If your not allowed to post information about this just PM me.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    If it's a copied CD it will be able to install (hopefully - I had major issues with sims 2) but when you try to start the game it will probably fail the CD check. So you'll need to get a no-cd crack.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html may be able to do it for you..
  • Options
    If it's a copied CD it will be able to install (hopefully - I had major issues with sims 2) but when you try to start the game it will probably fail the CD check. So you'll need to get a no-cd crack.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html may be able to do it for you..

oo...

Well its only The sims 2 family fun stuff so it aint no big deal i can live with out it but its nice to have that one:D

anyway so i copy ALl the files and then use this thing?
  • Options
    Use Alcohol 120% to make an image of the CD and then save it, take the CD out, but the blank DVD in and burn the image onto the disk. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    Well i used that CloneCD and it cloned it and installed really fast!:heart:

Only thing is now, it says please instert The sims 2 family fun stuff CD so i need to get around that somehow...

Help:nervous:
  • Options
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Well i used that CloneCD and it cloned it and installed really fast!:heart:

Only thing is now, it says please instert The sims 2 family fun stuff CD so i need to get around that somehow...

Help:nervous:

Yea, that's what I meant. You will need to download a 'no-cd' crack. This enables you to play the game without having the actual CD in the drive (copied CDs dont work). You can get one from gamecopy world though :)

Since I'm nice I found it for you:
    http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_the_sims_2_ffs.shtml#The%20Sims%202:%20Family%20Fun%20Stuff%20v1.0%20(v1.4.0.74)%20[MULTI]%20No-CD/Fixed%20EXE

At the bottom:

The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff v1.0 (v1.4.0.74) [MULTI] No-CD/Fixed EXE 20-02-2006
    RELOADED
    File Archive [5.0 MB]
    Play Instructions:

* Install the game - Full Installation.
    * Replace the original SIMS2SP1.EXE file with the one from the File Archive.
    * Play the Game!

p.s. you will need to download a zip program that will unpack .rar files. I recommend 7-zip
  • Options
    Cheers i did look and tryed one but i dont think it was the right one, ill try this and get back to you :p

Update: Thank you Sooo Much!!! : D It works if you cant guess
  • Options
    And what's wrong with just using the Sims disk?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

I'm sure coolme has a perfectly legitimate reason. Like she's too lazy.

Me, I use no-cd's because the actual CDs are too expensive. Unless it's a good game, then you do buy it anyway. You buy the CE :D.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

Because My sister uses the cd? And i just brought a new laptop with some wicked screen and gfx?

Mabye the fact i like to play the game and have no CDs?

And im a HE!
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Because My sister uses the cd? And i just brought a new laptop with some wicked screen and gfx?

And im a HE!

:p oops.
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:

And im a HE!

Learn to share it then. This is what I had to do whenever my dad pinched my Championship Manager CD...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Learn to share it then. This is what I had to do whenever my dad pinched my Championship Manager CD...

OOoorrrrr download a no cd crack :D
  • Options
    OOoorrrrr download a no cd crack :D

isn't that (and copying games) illegal and therefore wrong?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    isn't that (and copying games) illegal and therefore wrong?

Surely that's a question for the politics and debate forum? These days a lot of people use them because they don't like filtering through hundreds of CDs. Having the CD in the drive to play is not an effective anti-piracy measure anyway. Yes, some people do use them for the wrong reasons, but there you go.

Games people download tend to be games people wouldn't have bought anyway. Same with music. Not that I'm justifying, just saying it's not as bad as it's made out to be. I paid £18 for world of warcraft to see if I liked it or not, turned out I didn't. Are they going to give me my money back? No, I've got a game I no longer use now!

Whereas other games I've tried I've liked so much I've gone out and bought them.
  • Options
    Surely that's a question for the politics and debate forum? These days a lot of people use them because they don't like filtering through hundreds of CDs. Having the CD in the drive to play is not an effective anti-piracy measure anyway. Yes, some people do use them for the wrong reasons, but there you go.

Games people download tend to be games people wouldn't have bought anyway. Same with music. Not that I'm justifying, just saying it's not as bad as it's made out to be. I paid £18 for world of warcraft to see if I liked it or not, turned out I didn't. Are they going to give me my money back? No, I've got a game I no longer use now!

Whereas other games I've tried I've liked so much I've gone out and bought them.

I think some websites allow people to download demos.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I think some websites allow people to download demos.

Only some games have demos for them. Anyway, look at it this way:

- number of copied games on my computer? 0
    - number of no-cd cracks on my computer? 0

Games I play:
    - BF2 (owned, with spec forces expansion)
    - Oblivion (CE owned)
    - Half Life 2 (owned)
    - Civ 3 (brother owns it)

erm, lots of other games I have, that's what I've been playing recently though.
  • Options
    Have you done it yet?