Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Days Out - August 2006

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've got 4th-21st off work. I don't want to go abroad but I do want some days out in England. I live in Lincolnshire (half way down the east coast of England, for those who don't know) so am pretty central for most things.

Anyone got any suggestions for days out? I love zoos - which are the best? - and my boyfriend's into science-y kinda things, if that helps anywhere. We went to the Peak District last summer and loved it, so country parks and that kinda thing would be good for picnics.

All suggestions gratefully received! :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The Colchester Zoo is good, after others don't know...
  • Options
    Marwell Zoo near Winchester is very nice.

In Norfolk you can go on a boat trip round the marshes, and the countryside round there is pretty.

Look online for the current exhibitions in London's museums and see if anything catches your attention. You could combine that with a musical, ballet, opera or concert in the evening.

New Forest in Hampshire for a picnic.

If Cornwall's not too far for you (you could have a mini break?), your boyfriend would probably like the Eden Project. And the Seal Sanctuary might well be your cup of tea.
  • Options
    twycross zoo is good.

alton towers?

sherwood forest?

eureka. :D
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Lego Land in Windsor.

Or the National Space Centre in Leicester.

Or popping into London for the day, maybe making it a weekend where you could go to the Science Museum (which I love) and London Zoo and have the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    Lego Land in Windsor.

Or the National Space Centre in Leicester.

Or popping into London for the day, maybe making it a weekend where you could go to the Science Museum (which I love) and London Zoo and have the best of both worlds.

Hehe, we went to Legoland at Easter - was awesome!

The bf also keeps banging on about the National Space Centre too so that looks like it's going on the list! :D
  • Options
    twycross zoo is good.

alton towers?

sherwood forest?

eureka. :D

Definitely more for the list - he wants to live in Alton village eventually! I'd thought of Twycross, just didn't know if it was any good.