Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO those who think Israel's actions have been justified & proportioned

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Terrorist groups like Hezbollah and Hamas have been trying to destroy Isreali for years. I believe that Isreali should do whatever is in its power to defend its people and country. Hezbollah were the ones that started this whole war, and they should pay. I do feel bad for the civilans of Lebanon but it is Hezbollah's fault that they are getting hurt not Isreali's. Isreali wants to be just left alone. They have pulled out of Gaza and there were plans of moving out of the West Bank but I guess the Arab community does not want to leave Isreali alone. Also, Hezbollah has the support of Iran, Syria, and even Lebonan's government while Isreali has very few supporters in the international community. That is why I believe Isreali is completely justified in its response.

P.S. Sorry about the long response. I guess I am just extremely passionate on the subject.
  • Options
    Terrorist groups like Hezbollah and Hamas have been trying to destroy Isreali for years. I believe that Isreali should do whatever is in its power to defend its people and country. Hezbollah were the ones that started this whole war, and they should pay. I do feel bad for the civilans of Lebanon but it is Hezbollah's fault that they are getting hurt not Isreali's. Isreali wants to be just left alone. They have pulled out of Gaza and there were plans of moving out of the West Bank but I guess the Arab community does not want to leave Isreali alone. Also, Hezbollah has the support of Iran, Syria, and even Lebonan's government while Isreali has very few supporters in the international community. That is why I believe Isreali is completely justified in its response.

P.S. Sorry about the long response. I guess I am just extremely passionate on the subject.

no actually you're very ignorant on the subject.........hezbollah was formed as a response to israel's invasion of lebanon in 1982 and they've been about ever since, hamas is a palestinian response to the atrocities israel have carried out in that country.........these groups dont just come out of nowhere and say yeah lets destroy israel, you need to look at the history behind it instead of just regurgitating the crap you hear on the news.....
  • Options
    Indeed. Always amazing how little most punters bother to actually inform themselves beyond the compartmentalised, sanitised and entirely whitewashed Pro-Israeli mainstream reportage of events in the region. The daily oppression, brutality, and very much Naziistic abductions of women and children (approx 1000 languishing in Israeli prisons for years without charge or trial on "administrative detention" (women and children for pete's sake) and routine house demolitions and indiscriminate snipering by IDF of Palestinian schools and neighbourhoods have gone on for generations with impunity. All acts which if perpetrated by those the bandwagoneers are told to consider "enemies" would receive scathing mass condemnation.

Since, however, mainstream corporate media is fully and happily complicit with this status quo that helps keep the conflict - and thus their ratings and hefty advertising budgets - going, they refrain from reporting all but a fraction of Israel's Zionist-led ideological tyranny over a weaker indigenous people (and the ideology of the state founders IS very much the driving force behind the unbroken agenda of ethnocide and ethnic clearance aspired to by Israel thorough its continuous brutality). If they could do to the Palestinians what was done to European jews without showing the full extent of their equally racist, group superiority beliefs, they would have long ago.

Thus, being shrewd and calculating at the geo-political chess game they have connived for decades with Western powers to advance the aim of eliminating the Palestinians under the pretext of "self defense" when in fact it is the Palestinians at every stage which have been on the defensive against an obscenely well US-funded and armed neo-colonialist war machine.

This latest display of illegal trans-national war of aggression and crimes against humanity by Israel is not a compartmentalised event that arose from the quite legitimate capture of an Israeli soldier, but is wholly in line with the long dormant PNAC agenda of regional hegemonic domination, which was gleefully launched on 911 by criminal powermongers in Washington and Tel-Aviv.

This conflict was not started by Hezbollah nor by Hamas nor by the PLO but rather from prior to the founding of the state of Israel through organised Zionist terrorism and land seizures by force. A purge of more than 700,000 rightful inhabitants whose legacy has been erased to perpetuate the myth of a "land with a people for a people without a land" from then to the present day. Milosevic, who was extradited and put on trial for the same crime, didn't come close to the scope of Israel's barbarity in this regard.

Additionally, on the matter of this latest falsely reported pretext for Israel's intended escalation of aggression, the apologists might like to go educate themselves to the fact that only a day or two prior to the capture of the Israeli soldier in question, IDF forces abducted a Palestinian civilian doctor and his wife from their home and have kept them, along with thousands, imprisoned without charge. This was precisely the impetus for the more legitimate capture of the Israeli soldier and the damnd for release of Israel's many innocent victims.

When talking of cowards and terrorists you need look no further than the Israelis. They have had more than half a century to perfect their practices.

Expect to see further Israeli aggression against Syria in the near future, with even more indiscriminate attacks on urban civilian centers and fleeing families.

One day perhaps the sheeple who think they support democracy and goodness by making excuses for Israel will learn to apply consistency of principle and condemn them for the tyrannical fascists they have always been.
  • Options
    No offense dickhead, but I didn't want to see pictures of DEAD FUCKING CHILDREN.
    You don't want to see the people who suffer the most in any war? You don't want to see the truth, because of some politically correct nonsense about not "offending" other people's "feelings"? What about the dead children's feelings? They didn't matter one jot to the murderous savages driving this conflict.

I congratulate Senor Miguel for putting those pictures up and showing us the awful truth about an awful war.
  • Options
    i get where he's coming from but there are worse pictures on that site trust me, i personally found it very upsetting and i just wanted to remind everyone who's so quick to justify the israeli response that lebanese people are real people too, we have a very sanitized idea of what war actually entails, partly because our generation have never been involved in one and partly because the mainstream media censors the horrible truth......
  • Options
    UN 'appalled' by Beirut devastation
    The UN's Jan Egeland has condemned the devastation caused by Israeli air strikes in Beirut, saying it is a violation of humanitarian law.
    Mr Egeland, the UN's emergency relief chief, described the destruction as "horrific" as he toured the city.

Mr Egeland arrived in southern Beirut on Sunday just hours after Israeli strikes on the Hezbollah stronghold.

A visibly moved Mr Egeland expressed shock that "block after block" of buildings had been levelled.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5207478.stm

*Awaits for the usual suspects to say the UN is biased against Israel or that entire areas of Beirut being completely destroyed are justified in any way* :rolleyes:
  • Options
    not_all_soldiers_are_equal.gif
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    *Awaits for the usual suspects to say the UN is biased against Israel or that entire areas of Beirut being completely destroyed are justified in any way* :rolleyes:
    Why is it that Israel seems intent on wiping out any sympathy that their side may have deserved previously? This needs to be stopped.
    Shouldn't there be a US flag next to the Israel flag, bearing in mind how much money they provide?
  • Options
    LOL. Hilarious.

I could post a cartoon- or even better, a photograph- of examples of Israeli soldiers murdering children, such us the 10 year old schoolgirl who had an entire magazine emptied into her (the soldier was found not guilty of any wrongdoing by Israeli judges) or indeed the dozens of children murdered by the IDF when it decided to level entire neighbourhoods on purpose.

But I wouldn't want to lower myself to your level.

That you don't appear to be capable to even recognise or admit deliberate murder of innocent men, women and children by the war criminal cunts the IDF are doesn't show you in very good light.

At all.
  • Options
    The Israelis murder innocents, the Palestinians murder innocents, they all choose to do it so they are all bad to me. No one side does the right thing and no one side seeks peace or harmony.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    The Israelis murder innocents, the Palestinians murder innocents, they all choose to do it so they are all bad to me. No one side does the right thing and no one side seeks peace or harmony.

that's a very simplistic view of the situation, besides which we're not talking about palestine we're talking about lebanon, what exactly have they done to deserve this?
  • Options
    The IDF does not 'murder innocents' becuase it does not target civilians.
  • Options
    becuase it does not target civilians.

:confused:

Have you been living under a rock all your life or something?
  • Options
    that's a very simplistic view of the situation, besides which we're not talking about palestine we're talking about lebanon, what exactly have they done to deserve this?

Well since the picture that everyone was looking at about the two types of soldiers showed and said clearly it was a palestinian soldier not a lebonese soldier i took it to mean palestine. Surely you looked at the picture right above my post that everone was using in quotes?
  • Options
    I think this must be now the fourth time that I ask you Matadore to tell me what you think of Israel destroying entire neighbourhoods.

Would you care to give us your explanation for that, if it's not to kill and terrorise innocent civilians?
  • Options
    you on crack?
    the pictures of destruction aren't peoples homes and lives then?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I think this must be now the fourth time that I ask you Matadore to tell me what you think of Israel destroying entire neighbourhoods.

Would you care to give us your explanation for that, if it's not to kill and terrorise innocent civilians?
    Bear in mind that The Matadore's view doesn't take much account of one particular fact. OK, let's assume that Israel is only trying to go after terrorists. That would be understandable enough. However, consider that these terrorists might be spreading themselves out amongst the mainstream population. After all, they're unlikely to all be congregating in one place, are they? Besides which, with modern communications (mobile phones, the Internet etc) they could be almost anywhere.

So, maybe Israel isn't deliberately targeting entire neighbourhoods. But whatever they are doing, let's not forget at least 340 Lebanese are now dead thanks to this.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    So, maybe Israel isn't deliberately targeting entire neighbourhoods. .
    i fail to see how blowing to bits civilian homes and shops and places of work and entertainment along with bridges and power supplies can be anything but targeting civilians.
  • Options
    i fail to see how blowing to bits civilian homes and shops and places of work and entertainment along with bridges and power supplies can be anything but targeting civilians.
    Neither can I. To say that Israel's reaction in recent days has been "disproportionate" is like saying the Antarctic's a little bit cold this time of year.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Well since the picture that everyone was looking at about the two types of soldiers showed and said clearly it was a palestinian soldier not a lebonese soldier i took it to mean palestine. Surely you looked at the picture right above my post that everone was using in quotes?

fair enough yeah i did see it, but it wouldn't be the first time mat's tried to derail a thread with a stupid irrelevant post because maybe he's not so comfortable with the truth........so what do you think of the israel/lebanon situation then?
  • Options

We've been here before. You're demonstratably wrong. Get over it.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    We've been here before. You're demonstratably wrong. Get over it.
    Shall we buy him a plane ticket over to Lebanon so he can see for himself? :p

Odd suggestion, maybe, but what else would convince him?
  • Options
    Fuck knows. Mat lives in a world of his own. Away with the fairies. A tit in a trance. Head in the sand.
  • Options
    since more civilians are bound to die overnight, i'm hoping it's some people from a country needs little excuse to declare war on israel or withdraw support

whatever the israelies are doing, it isnt sound military tactics, its bullyboy behaviour to 'weaker' regions that is only going to get these private militias more members
  • Options
    since more civilians are bound to die overnight, i'm hoping it's some people from a country needs little excuse to declare war on israel or withdraw support

whatever the israelies are doing, it isnt sound military tactics, its bullyboy behaviour to 'weaker' regions that is only going to get these private militias more members
    In other words, the actions of Israel now are simply going to mean more terrorists are recruited, that there will be more people who want Israel to disappear from existence? Talk about shooting themselves in the foot, eh?
  • Options
    If Hizbollah bases itself in civilian neighbourhoods and Israel is trying to destroy Hizbollah then what do you expect?

Israel does not seek the death of civilians. It seeks the destruction of Hizbollah. Therefore it is not deliberately targeting civilians. The blame for civilian deaths lies at Hizbollahs door, not Israels.
  • Options
    If Hizbollah bases itself in civilian neighbourhoods and Israel is trying to destroy Hizbollah then what do you expect?

Israel does not seek the death of civilians. It seeks the destruction of Hizbollah. Therefore it is not deliberately targeting civilians. The blame for civilian deaths lies at Hizbollahs door, not Israels.
    so i'll say it again ...why didn't we blow the crap out of belfast knowing terrorists and weapons were there?
  • Options
    Perhaps the word terrorist in mainstream parlance has been so indoctrinated into the public dialogue by nothing more than repeat and wrongful ascription to any who dare fight against the status quo of OUR leaders/societies (regardless of the death and destruction and, ahem, "terror" that we visit upon them) that we should stop and truly examine whom it is being truly victimised in these interconnected and long-running situations.

Then perhaps more application of the term "resistance fighter" would be seen in threads like this, by the rationally-minded at any rate.

Otherwise, there remains no moral justification whatsoever for "we the people" to rise up against tyranny and rightfully cast it down by force. By today's apparent standard and certainly by its one-sided and indiscriminate use of the term, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and the rest would be deemed "terrorists".

So too, like it or not, should the valiant resistance fighters of the Warsaw Ghetto against those who sought to eliminate them. Israel's ethnocidal agenda and actions since before its official founding to the present are no different in principle.
  • Options
    By today's apparent standard and certainly by its one-sided and indiscriminate use of the term, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and the rest would be deemed "terrorists".

:lol: oh the irony.
  • Options

Bollocks and you know it. The IDF targets civilians, it shoots kids in the head for throwing stones.