Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

MP3 Players

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Okkkk, my mini ipod has officially died.

I don't want another ipod after my experiences with this one.

Any suggestions?

I'm looking to spend about £100 at most and would like at least 6GB.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My battery has died.

I sent it off just before its warranty ended about it and they just sent it back claiming their was nothing wrong with it :grump:

The battery now lasts about 3 songs at most.

I like that one but I can't afford it :(
    why not opt for a cheap ipod knockoff

3060000000056454.JPG?0.35199210383445667

uber trendy, yanno.
    *Stacey* wrote:
    My battery has died.

I sent it off just before its warranty ended about it and they just sent it back claiming their was nothing wrong with it :grump:

The battery now lasts about 3 songs at most.

I like that one but I can't afford it :(

Can you not replace your battery? Or is yours built in? I had that on my iPod which lasted me about 12 days...
    Zens are great, I've got the 'Zen Vision-M' which is awesome, sound quality and video playback is top notch!
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Any suggestions?

I'm looking to spend about £100 at most and would like at least 6GB.

Yeah. Go buy this, post to me, cover return postage and I'll change it for you. I've never done one before, but it must be worth a go :).

Anyone wanting a new player should check out the iriver product line-up. People in headphone circles seem to love them, and from my limited use of them, a Zen touch, and an iPod mini, I'd say they are better all-round.
    Yeah. Go buy this, post to me, cover return postage and I'll change it for you. I've never done one before, but it must be worth a go :).

Anyone wanting a new player should check out the iriver product line-up. People in headphone circles seem to love them, and from my limited use of them, a Zen touch, and an iPod mini, I'd say they are better all-round.
    Oooo, I would do that but I had to superglue the white top bit back on after it kept sticking up a few months ago so you probably wouldn't be able to take the thing apart!
    to be honest anything that requires you to install special software to be able to use it at all is a waste of time

any half decent mp3 player should just show up as a removeable drive where you can drag and drop folders and/or files alike straight onto you player

yes they often do come with some form of software now, but you dont have to install it to be able to use the player most of the time, and you can plug your player into your mates pc without having the risk of your music doing a houdini vanishing act, a la ipod
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Oooo, I would do that but I had to superglue the white top bit back on after it kept sticking up a few months ago so you probably wouldn't be able to take the thing apart!

Well, 'tis up to you. Feel free to post the iPod down and we'll see if we can open it before you spend any money? :)

Like I say, I've never done it before so I can't really comment, but it shouldn't cost that much to just post it and see?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105764

God bless Ebuyer eh? ;p

Although yeah, let him have a go at the battery. It'd save a ton of cash tbqh. And probably is rather easy to do.

And it isn't like he can make it worse.. .is it?
    I dunno, I've not used my lump hammer for a while...
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I dunno, I've not used my lump hammer for a while...

Stop!

Hammer time!
    I just bought one of these

B000BFL3ZK.02._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1141130918_.jpg

Creative Zen MicroPhoto 8GB, £139

I like it so far :)
    Well, 'tis up to you. Feel free to post the iPod down and we'll see if we can open it before you spend any money? :)

Like I say, I've never done it before so I can't really comment, but it shouldn't cost that much to just post it and see?
    Well no but I could end up wasting more money if the battery doesn't even work!

Me shall have to think about it. :D
    Feel free to post the iPod down and we'll see if we can open it before you spend any money? :)

Look up dismantling an ipod mini on google, there's plenty of guides. I did it for my sisters mini. It's fiddly but quite simple
    *Stacey* wrote:

£20 for a battery, £10 for postage both ways. There can't be too much to think about - you'd sell the battery on eBay for £15 without too much trouble, I think :).
    Hehehe, there is a Maplin not far from here so I walked down today and they had them in stock. Although they are not supposed to change the batteries themselves, this guy said he would do it for me! Hehehe.

I've just got it back now. It took him about an hour because I've dropped my ipod a few times and the metal bit at the top was a bit bent so he found it difficult to slide the insides out!

Hehehe, but like yay! Its got a new battery!

Thank you Rich :heart:

Hehehe, they didn't even charge me for changing it for me either. Its amazing what a girl can get if she flutters her eyelashes! :D

Hopefully it will be ok now!!!
    damn girls and their manipulative ways :(

I find it hard to even get someone to tell me where things are in that shop :(
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I :heart: my creative zen.

I don't understand why people need more than 1GB. I have that and I get more than I need on it.
    My ipod is 6gb and its not enough for me to be honest.

I can't get all my music on it and yes, I do listen to it all!

I don't understand why people need more than 1GB. I have that and I get more than I need on it.

bit of variation. mine is about 2/3 full (6gb).
    I've a 4GB iPod nano.

I call it the BriPod.

The earphones are fucked because I dropped it on the dancefloor and drunkenly decided stamp on them "for a laugh" :thumb:

It aint even half full and I've all the tunes I can think of on it.

I currently have a 1gb Creative MP3 player and can't even fill that!:blush:
    visionm_1.jpg

Zen Vision-M 30GB

Bought one about a month ago, best on the market at the moment in my oppinion, beats the best IPOD hands down, video and quality supreme!
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Although they are not supposed to change the batteries themselves, this guy said he would do it for me! Hehehe.<snip>

Hehehe, but like yay! Its got a new battery!

Thank you Rich :heart:

Hehehe, they didn't even charge me for changing it for me either. Its amazing what a girl can get if she flutters her eyelashes! :D

Hopefully it will be ok now!!!

Heh, well done :). He shouldn't have doen that though, it probably wouldn't be covered by their insurance. If it sets on fire and burns you, then do the decent thing and don't sue them ;).

Top result though :).
    Hahahaha, he told me he wasn't actually allowed to do it. I fluttered my eyelashes and acted all blonde though so he did it for me!!!! :D

Well although I don't have 1000's of songs, I do have them at 320kb per second so it use up twice as much memory on My fantastic 8gb Zen Micro.
    Iv'e had 7 MP3 players.

Battery changing is a good option. You can get batteries with tools on ebay for about 5-6 quid.