Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tampax Compak Fresh

Those ones they keep advertising on tv that are apparently slightly scented.

Am I the only one who thinks that it isn't entirely right, and its just going to increase chances of infection etc. by putting more unnatural stuff up there?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I dont like the idea of it either tbh.

I mean, who smells their Tampon anyway? *Gross* :yuck:
    a tampon shouldn't be left in there long enough to smell anyway!

and moonarcanium i wouldn't doubt the safety of them, they wouldn't sell them otherwise. :)

you'll be able to get all sorts of different fragrances and it'll be 'ooh i like your perfume, can i have a smell?'...:D
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Yeah I dont like the idea of it either tbh.

I mean, who smells their Tampon anyway? *Gross* :yuck:

haha :D

i don't see what's wrong with the normal ones really.
    and moonarcanium i wouldn't doubt the safety of them, they wouldn't sell them otherwise. :)

not strictly true, they sell those scented pantyliners which can cause yeast infections

i wouldnt go near them anyway, i dont think its necessary. Id be worried if things started to smell bad anyway and probably go to see a doctor!!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I wouldn't fancy using them tbh. It's just daft IMHO.
    Quite frankly, I'm insulted that one of the cleanest fluids the body can produce has to be masked with fragrance
    so i shouldnt be spraying my mooncup with chanel no5 then?
    Hahaha! :lol:
    Or you could just wash?

:eek2:
    Isn't it bad to have anything scented down there anyway as it could cause reactions/infections?
    \
    sophia wrote:
    exactly. i'm fucking sick of being told my vagina is dirty and smelly by manufacturers of these kinds of products :mad:
    yeah, ive got my boyfriend to tell me that sort of thing !!!!

(not really)
    For the record, when you play a lot of sport on your period, it doesn't take long for things to get a little fragrant. Even without your period tbh, after a four hour summer training session it's all about going home to shower.

But no, tampons make me feel weird anyway, so shoving a bar of soap up there with one doesn't appeal.
    I dont even use tampons but as soon as i saw that ad on tv i just thought eww why would i want to use that?
    I burst out laughing when I saw the ad. Scented tampons?? Next thing will be celebritys releasing tampons which smell of their perfumes... "So you can smell just like like whodumacallit's 'private parts'" :rolleyes:
    \
    i can understand wipes, but that's about it. What the hell is the point in a scented tampon when it's inside your vagina anyway? It's not going to be smelt.
    The vagina is actually capable of cleaning itself. So it shouldn't smell anyway. If it does then there's a problem.
    sophia wrote:
    Just fucking fuck off. Can you imagine men buying special Cockfresh soap?

No, But I know some people in dire need of it!
    Oh yeah, I think the first time I was out at a store buying tampons with the boyfriend, tbh, I think its the first time hes ever been in the tampon isle, he goes, ooooo, smelly ones, how about these? I've heard about the scented ones giving you yeast infections and stuff, the though has never crossed my mind to buy scented tampons. Plus, maybe its just my nose, it doens't smell down there. *sniffs* Yup, still no smell. If I walked around smelling flowery I'd be more embaressed.

Ooo, whats that perfume you're wearing.

Its my tampon :thumb:
    i can't understand the wipes either. or the special shower gel things.

if i want to wash my fanny (which by the way doesn't smell) i just use the stuff i use on the rest of me not some femfresh bollocks.
    I've gon afraid to use the rest of the wash on me. Ed reads the warning on my marshmellow smelling body wash one time and tells me it can cause irration to skin and unirary tract and now I'm afraid to use anything scented or colored down there so I buy a bland body bar just for down there :p But not a specific 'wash' or what not, its still just your average neutragena soap bar.
    This thread is full of "post of the week" contenders.