Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I Lo... Why can't he say it? Well then, guys...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok people, I think I need your help with a lil prob with my fella.
Here goes... Right, I've been with him a year, started to fall in love with him, he told he loved me, things were great, blah blah blah... but things have chnaged. I can't remember the last time he said he loved me. He "can" still be affectionate and hugs me and kisses me (and other stuff, ahem!), but does he still love me? He seems to be different lately.
I think it may just be me - but I need to hear those three words.
He doesn't really talk in depth about his feelings much - he never really has - but what does this mean? Any advice fella's?
I don't want to lose him but don't want to be in a 'ship that doesn't mean anything.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your female, hes male..
    not very helpful but, its the way it goes..
    if he cares, he`ll show it, other than saying some words... (saying that, it doesnt mean what you think)
    Thanks. I guess your right.
    I think it's just me being all emotional or something. Maybe that time of the month is coming?!
    I love my girlfriend so much and I make sure she knows it by telling her and sending her flowers to her college etc. She says she loves me too and were great. But I think most guys are too macho to say the 3 magic words. They think its showing the weaker side. Give him time. When he realises what you really mean to him then I'm sure he'll say he loves you again. Do you tell him you love him? If so, what does he say?

ICQ 37748691
    i agree with mark, most guys just think they are "hard nuts"
    That's exactly what my bloke's liike, but once I managed to get it out of him why he never said "I love you". He said it's because he thinks he sounds silly saying it (must be the macho thing) and alse that he didnt want to say it too much because he thought it would lose it's meaning, and that he prefers to show he loves me instead of just telling me. Which is nice, but I know what you mean, it's nice to hear "I love you" back. But then again, since it doesnt happen very often, it seems to make it extra nice when he does say it.
    if a guy say's he loves you he probally means it as guys never say shit like that. Girls say they love friends and popstars its easier for a girl to say "i love u" and eventually get over it
    I don't get it? I say I love my girlfriend all the time I don't give one if it's not macho. I'll say it if I mean it. and as for the girl that started it. I think you should be asking if he has someone else. You don't just go from loving someone to not letting them know it. If you say you love him and he doesn't return that compliment then it means only one thing he's got someone else.

Live life, get drunk, you only live once, so who cares if you can't remember half of it?
    Always look at what a bloke DOES, not what he SAYS. I've had a boyfiend who used to confess his eternal love every day, asked me to marry him, inquired about how many kids I wanted to have by him, started planning our wedding... and the following week ignored me a few times. It was over.