Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sleeping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if someone sleeps for 2/3 hours a night, apart from being really tired, is there anything that will happen to that person?

Comments

• Options
    yeah, they'll probably halucinate a bit. well, i did anyway. none of your lsd trippy shit just stuff like hearing voices that arent there, seeing things in the corner of your eye that dont exist that kinda thing. goes away when you catch up on sleep again.

I really wouldnt reccomend it though, it makes you look and feel like shit.
  • Options
    misty15 wrote:
    if someone sleeps for 2/3 hours a night, apart from being really tired, is there anything that will happen to that person?

Why are you sleeping 2-3 hours a night?
    A normal sleep cycle is 4-5 hours and it's finished by the REM ohase where you dream.... If you don't go the full cycle, your body is not fully regenerated...you might as well not slept at all...

Maybe this article can help you out...

http://www.thesite.org.uk/healthandwellbeing/wellbeing/sleeping/sleepingeasy
  • Options
    it sounds really stupid but im scared to sleep when everyone else is and there is no one awake. thanks for the link!
  • Options
    misty15 wrote:
    You will crash.

Sleep is probably the most important aspect of health IMO. Sleep is when your body recovers & repairs itself.

Another thing is you will most likely put on fat. Growth hormone is secreted when sleeping, along with other hormones.

If your having trouble sleeping try melatonin. The prescriptions the Dr's prescribe are bs & have you addicted on them, look into more natural remedies.
  • Options
    It can be done. I've survived on 2-4 hours of sleep virtually every night for several years now. I really don't recommend it, as it is no fun whatsoever.

Biggest problems I've found are that I believe it messes with my metabolism, I tend to be a grumpy git in the mornings, and not many people really understand what it's like.

I suggest a trip to your GP - if only to talk to someone about what makes you feel uneasy about sleeping when everyone else is. I find that sleeping tablets can help me nod off sometimes, but that my quality of sleep can be worse...