Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why men distant themselves when stressed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why is it that men always seem to distant themselves when they are stressed out. I was just wondering because it seems to drive me crazy. Just wanting to get some thoughts on this subject.

Comments

• Options
    What it is, is that when we are stressed out we don't wanna risk losing someone we care about just caused we're pissed at something and don't want to snap at you.

Live life, get drunk, you only live once, so who cares if you can't remember half of it?
  • Options

Talking from experience (I am akin to your boyfriend here), when I get stressed, I prefer to deal with it in my own way and I don't want to share the burden.

It's not a dis-respect thing, just a space thing.

My advice to you is let your boyfriend know you are always prepared to talk about it with him if ever he wants to and then leave well alone to give him the space he needs to work it out.

It's definately a man thing and good on you for asking about it! Just don't let it get to you, otherwise he'll notice and that will make him even more cagey.

Best of luck

Regards

Alan London