Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite 80s cartoons

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh and of course dungeons and dragons - the cartoon series that never got ended.
    sophia wrote:
    I loved the Raccoons :heart: I think it might have been the late 80s.

The Raccoons was ace. The ending theme, 'Run With Us,' has to be one of my favourites of all time.

I can still remember that episode where they all got trapped in Cyril Sneers' vault. Gave me nightmares at the time. Lol.
    I'm watching Ulysses 31 on DVD at the mo. The slightly mad French/Japanese one involving spaceships, ancient greek gods and blue people. I love how the rest of the crew just hang there, turned 'as lifeless as stone.' A little darkness goes a long way in cartoons. And the spaceships are as ace as I remembered. That massive eye shaped mother ship thing The Odyssey. And that cool little red one that splits into 3.

Other faves include:

Galaxy Rangers
    Mysterious Cities of Gold
    Dungeons and Dragons

And I'm STILL waiting for UK release of Thundercats. Grr.

So what are other people's favourites?

Kids TV was so much better in the 80's I reckon!!

There was also Dogtanian and the Muskahounds

dogtanian.jpg

Spiderman cartoons, alsort , can' think, but loads of good stuff.
    Did anyone ever see Stopit and Tidy Up narrated by Terry Wogan? I bought that for my mum on DVD last year for her birthday. It was brilliant.
    Despite being a French production rumour has it that Studio Ghibili and even Myazaki himself (of Spirted Away, My Neighbour Tototoro and Princess Mononoke fame) was responsible for the character design on Cities of Gold
    i was completely obsessed with fireman sam :) he rules!
    The Raccoons was ace. The ending theme, 'Run With Us,' has to be one of my favourites of all time.

I can still remember that episode where they all got trapped in Cyril Sneers' vault. Gave me nightmares at the time. Lol.
    Had to download that song now. Tuuuuuuune!

Now I think of it, it can just imagine watching Rocky training to this. Now there were some classic 80's songs. Maybe they should use it in the new Rocky film.
    He-man and Ulysse 31 were cool as wel...
    subject13 wrote:
    Anyone remember that cartoon where it was all about a baby and his two favourite toys, one was a toy robot and at night they came to life and his bedroom swing set turned into a rocket and he had adventures up in outer space with Aliens, while his sister tried to catch him awake and get him in trouble?

Or that cartoon where all the kids in the neighbourhood shared dreams in the dream world?

Or Captain Z the dream patrolman? or whatever it was called.

fantastic max, potsworth and company and and captain z and the z zone (or somethin). i'm not a loser, honest.

other favourites were mcog, dogtanian, ducktales, gummi bears, bucky o'hare and some other's which i'll hopefully think of soon.

hope that helps
    there can only be

TRANSFORMERS!!
    He-man was crap. he was such a big girl. and i just didnt like Transformers

i used to fuckin love Ghostbusters though.

my faves were;

Stoppit & Tidyup
    around the world with willy fog
    inspector gadget
    does anyone else remember bucky o hare?
    Yes! Was an awesome cartoon series!

As was Thundercats!

I recently bought all the available dvds of Defenders of the Earth.
    Jem and The Holograms
    Transformers
    Button Moon
    Andy Pandy, Bill n Ben
    Carebears
    Dreamers
    My Little Pony
    Thundercats
    Thomas the tank engine
    Smurfs
    Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
    He-Man
    FunnyBones
    Gummi Bears
    Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
    Inspector Gadget
    The Moomins
    Mr Men
    Muppet Babies
    Raggy Dolls
    Bananaman
    Count Duckula

How many do I still watch hehe
    Chip and Dale rescue rangers! loved it!
    The Real Ghostbusters has always been my favorite cartoon from the 80s. I just found out a couple weeks ago that it had been released for the first time on DVD so I picked up volume 1 from amazon.

It's awesome! The episodes all have introductions by random cast/crew who give a bit of a behind the scenes info about the show. There are also some commentaries, a "making of"documentary, and a lot of other cool stuff.
    This thread - like its subject - is from the past.
    firstjump wrote: »
    The Real Ghostbusters has always been my favorite cartoon from the 80s. I just found out a couple weeks ago that it had been released for the first time on DVD so I picked up volume 1 from amazon.

It's awesome! The episodes all have introductions by random cast/crew who give a bit of a behind the scenes info about the show. There are also some commentaries, a "making of"documentary, and a lot of other cool stuff.

I used to watch that show everyday when i was younger i can't wait for the game. I think i'm going to go out and get the Volume 1 DVD to hold myself over for the next few days till the game comes out.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    A sequel to Mysterious Cities Of Gold is in the works. That is something I'll have to see.
    Weekender Offender 
    When i was a kid i always liked to watch Tom & Jerry, The Pink Panther Show,
    The Road Runner Show,The Donald Ducks,
    they are really fun watching and i enjoy them watching it even now
    Great Cartoons!