Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help! Graduation! Help!

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Okie doke, two things...

What do I wear, I'm having a crisis, I want to wear a pale pink blouse, but cant find any in the shops, so pretty much stuck (dont really want to wear white, as everyone else does)

and, most importantly,

I will have a fringe which is a fringe that is quite thick that comes straight down over my forehead, how ill i wear my hat? without it looking squished against my face?

Please help!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Remember that your graduation gown will probably have a piece of material straight across your chest to hold the gown in place... make sure whatever top you wear won't look silly underneath that. A friend of mine wore an ordinary blouse and the piece of material made the collar ride up at one side and it looked a bit funny in the photos. I personally would go for a smart top with a round neck so that I'm not faffing around trying to make it look good under a gown.

As for your fringe, can you sweep it over to one side? Is it long enough to clip back (it'll be under a hat so it doesn't need to look good clipped back, just to stay in place once you've clipped it there)? Other than that I'm not sure, hope one of those ideas works for you!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:

What do I wear, I'm having a crisis, I want to wear a pale pink blouse, but cant find any in the shops, so pretty much stuck (dont really want to wear white, as everyone else does)
    Buy a white blouse, then put it through the wash with a red sock..garanteed pale pink blouse:thumb: happened to my lab coat!
  • Options
    I'd also find out what the colours of your gown are- pale pink would have clashed horrifically with the palatine purple law gown I graduated in.