Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is mobile msging relationships becoming the 'in thing' these days?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It seems that relationships are developing over mobiles these days and I am wondering whether this is common around where u live?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    text messageing is just another way of dicommunicating affection. How can you possibly have a relationship with a few words texted to u. You don't know what state of mind they are in, you need to see someone pysically to be in a relationship. You can place a sound bet on the persone that sent you a text message can just as easily send one to another person saying the same thing, if you can't see someones eyes never 100% believe it.
    Originally posted by Johnny_Quest:
    text messageing is just another way of dicommunicating affection. How can you possibly have a relationship with a few words texted to u. You don't know what state of mind they are in, you need to see someone pysically to be in a relationship. You can place a sound bet on the persone that sent you a text message can just as easily send one to another person saying the same thing, if you can't see someones eyes never 100% believe it.
    Text messaging is a way of communicating easier. I feel more comfortable talking on text's because you aren't afraid to say something. It's also great for long distance relationships. Don't knock it, it's a good thing. Text me if you be bothered. 07946498655

Live life, get drunk, you only live once, so who cares if you can't remember half of it?
    I hate mobile phones. U see so many kids walking round with them now it is unbelieveable. How can they afford to run a phone?

Dont tell me that 25% of the kids in britain have steady jobs or have won the lottery. If parents didnt bow down so much to their kids then we wouldnt have stupid pokemon cards and mobile phones. I'm 16 and i do have a mobile phone. Unlike many others i actually need mine. I work for my dads company designing websites, and just because i am young doesnt mean i cant do it. I travel around a lot on my moped, and my dad needs to get in touch with me. My sister more or less crucified my mum on saturday, because she couldnt have a phone for her birthday. Shes 10!!!!!

Unbelieveable
    These hols i racked up a Sfr400 phone bill (£150) cos i couldn't stand being out of contact with my friends. I had one up in Finland, and I ended up sending about 400 SMS to her in one month!! Ouch.

I don't need my phone, but I love having it. I'm very close to quite a few of my friends, and my parents like to be able contact me whereever I am. SMS is a good way of keeping in contact without huge phone bills. If anyone want to talk to me (I'm in Switzerland) phone number is +41 78 660 7625. I'll be happy to talk.
    I think that what u have said is so true and I have never heard anyone explain it like that.

[This message has been edited by rossholmes (edited 15-08-2000).]
    one of my friends is addicted to sms messages and i think it is sick shr spent £80 last month on text messages alone!!
    Fabio:

If you are really worried about your friends money wasting, fix her up with a Motorola phone. For writing messages, they are awful, especially compared to Nokia phones. She'll quickly give up writing so many messages.
    Nah text messaging is annoying... I don't really give out my mobile number since getting it cos I hate random people being able to phone me whenever. Text messaging is even worse.. People send u messages cos they're to scared to talk to u. It's only good for arranging things cos it's cheaper than a phone call.