Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

colouring hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm getting bored with my blonde/red shade of hair and wanting to go darker red. But i don't want it to be permenant as this is just an experiment. I know red fades quite quickly anyway. So basically i want it to be a wash out thing.
Anyone got suggestions for good brands because i don't know where to start.
Also, my hair has old high and low lights still in there (very old) so will my hair stay multi tonal? I don't want a block of colour.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
    careful you don't go orange/ginger.
    careful you don't go orange/ginger.
    well its pretty much ginger already - its a blondey kind of red, i want a more brown kind of red.
    But when i've looked at the colour samples on the back they nearly all seem to be for colouring brown or blonde hair. Never red. Maybe i need to look harder.
    Ballerina wrote:
    But when i've looked at the colour samples on the back they nearly all seem to be for colouring brown or blonde hair. Never red. Maybe i need to look harder.

They're just examples. If it's a semi-permanent colour you can put it on any base colour of the same lightness/darkness.