Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do I do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend told me yesterday that he wants to have a week apart, and I dont know what to do. He works nights a lot which could be what is making him a bit grumpy, but he says he doesnt know if he loves me. He kept saying that he wasnt dumping me, but he needs a week to sort himself out. I dont know what I'll do if he turns up on saturday and says that he's realised he doesnt love me. I dont even know what I'm going to do with myself for a week. I hardly slept last night, I kept waking up and thinking about it. Anyone been here before? Please help, I'm totally at a loss here.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I do love him, but I'm IN love with him as well. I just hope he feels the same about me.
  • Options
  • Options
    there are other blokes out there and if you are confident with yourself you can pick anyone of them! this bloke sounds like a waste of time! he may be having an affair so if i were you id dump him before he does it to you!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucy180485:
    there are other blokes out there and if you are confident with yourself you can pick anyone of them! this bloke sounds like a waste of time! he may be having an affair so if i were you id dump him before he does it to you!!!

the guy sounds like a jerk, giving up what looks like a perfectly good relationship, get rid of him, it'll be a good move, plus we're not all like that, believe me!
  • Options
    He's not a jerk at all, in fact everyone I know (including my friends) reckon he's great, including me. I wish he was a git, it might make it easier.
  • Options
    good luck in whatever you decide!
  • Options
    I love my girlfriend more than anyone could ever imagine. But yes I did want to get a break for a week too, so I could sort myself out. Cause my relationship with my gf is complicated (long distance) but were still crazy about each other as the phone bill will tell you. Anyway, back to my point. My point is after the week apart I realised I couldn't be without her and I said I was sorry and sent her some flowers. A year and a half down the line were making plans on moving in together.